Guitar Hero SOS

shrek4wii

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
I just tried to play GH3 and it loaded real slow. When I got to the song, the sound was behind the actual play. There were smudges on the disk, so I put soap on it and rinsed it and dried it. I tried again, and it said it couldn't read the disk. So, I did it again. It loaded this time, but when I picked Guitar Hero in the menu, it took me back to the Wii menu. What do I do?!?!?!?!:sick: :scared: :yikes:
EDIT: I realize this is in the wrong forum, sorry, but I need help and I panicked!

Last edited:
shrek4wii said:
I just tried to play GH3 and it loaded real slow. When I got to the song, the sound was behind the actual play. There were smudges on the disk, so I put soap on it and rinsed it and dried it. I tried again, and it said it couldn't read the disk. So, I did it again. It loaded this time, but when I picked Guitar Hero in the menu, it took me back to the Wii menu. What do I do?!?!?!?!:sick: :scared: :yikes:
EDIT: I realize this is in the wrong forum, sorry, but I need help and I panicked!
If this is the only game that you have doing this it may only be the disc. If you start getting the dreaded "Disc Read Error" frequently like I did its time to send the unit back to Nintendo. There were lots of defective units manufactured. Fortunately, their service is great!

I don't think you are supposed to use liquids on disks :scared:

You are supposed to use a slightly damp cloth and wipe the disk from the middle outwards

*sigh* why so many of these topics? This is just getting sad.

I say we all put a friendly reminder in our sigs "Use water first, then soap".

261311 said:
*sigh* why so many of these topics? This is just getting sad.

I say we all put a friendly reminder in our sigs "Use water first, then soap".
Actually, this is the thread he posted before he realized he had washed i wrong :lol:

Back