Guitar Hero's Guitar Problems

m-winters

WiiChat Member
Apr 15, 2009
I just bought two guitars, used. One of them the Whammy Bar is so loose that it just falls out of reach. I took apart the guitar and an E-clip is holding it on. Is there a way to tighten the mechanism so that the bar stays where you want it?

And on the other guitar if you're in the middle of a song and not playing, it makes the noise as if you're strumming but missing notes. The game sees it as you missing notes and because of this your score starts to drop. What could cause this?

1. Rubber band?
2... Play the notes? What the hell do you expect? To get perfect scores if you don't play anything? This really made me laugh uncontrollably.

Clarify

Ok...to clarify if I'm not trying to play any notes. Like if there is a pause in the music sometimes the guitar will make the sound and it'll cost me points. Again I don't want to play and it plays. It's not that hard to understand.

Is this the guitar hero world tour guitar you're referring to here? The one with the slider on the neck? Because if it is, sometimes direct light interferes with it and it thinks that you've touched the pad, which is like strumming the notes. I had so many problems with this, I now just use my original GH3 guitar.

Last edited:
That'll work for the accidental notes. Thank you. I have an idea about the Whammy Bar so no one needs to respond to that.

You can disable the touch strip if it's giving you problems. Pause the game before a song starts, go to options, and turn off touch strip. I'm not sure, but I think it should stay shut off for the rest of your game, so you only need to do it once, but I'm not sure if it will stay that way after shutting down and restarting a game. For some reason they didn't put this in the settings under options on the main menu.

Back