guys guess what i know when wii2 comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
paintba||er said:

LOL the Wii's motion sensing wouldn't have costed much more last generation.
lol oh how i love you techies :p

Sorry I'm long winded!

SteelersFatBoy:

I own a PS3 myself and a 360 and have enjoyed some of the things made for them. I am currently waiting on Heavenly Sword, Assasins Creed, Call of Duty 4, and GT5. Your opinion may be true but some people think differently. The Wii has almost surpassed 360 in sales not based on power output but innovation. What innovation you ask, motion sensing has been around for a while. Think about this, the Wii may not compare (at all:lol: ) to PS3 and 360 graphically, but measure the power output. The Wii uses almost 3x less power (18watts) than a 50 watt lightbulb in full use while allowing motion sensing and graphics that are better than the original XBox! To me that's innovation. Using less power but still beating previous generations (so far barely, but still beating them). The Super NES used 17 watts!

Paintballer:

Nintendo thought EVERYTHING out and put it into a nice, almost 3 DVD movie case sized, shell. The two other manufacturers went balls to the wall with their graphics chips not listening to nothing any consumer was saying but instead doing the obvious, increasing graphics. To me that's a given. When Super NES came out, it d@## well better had looked better than NES. So you are telling me that a system with motion sensing, built in Wi-Fi, blue tooth connected controllers, the ability to save things via your controller, a speaker in it, the motion sensing nunchuk, uses 18 watts max (while playing), compatible with NES till now, and it's quieter than a computer in stand by wouldn't be more if it were made in place of the GC? It takes a little time for things to come down in price enough for mass manufacturing. I can assure you that even 4-5 years from now Blu-Ray and HD-DVD drives won't be cheap enough to be purchasing like DVD drives. I have two dual layered DVD burners in my computer. Nintendo could just be waiting to prices go down and the need goes up. It was reported that only something like 3% of Americans have HD-TV's. Why spend money on that when you have a 3% window when there is 97% waiting for something?

ShawVAuto said:
Sorry I'm long winded!

SteelersFatBoy:

I own a PS3 myself and a 360 and have enjoyed some of the things made for them. I am currently waiting on Heavenly Sword, Assasins Creed, Call of Duty 4, and GT5. Your opinion may be true but some people think differently. The Wii has almost surpassed 360 in sales not based on power output but innovation. What innovation you ask, motion sensing has been around for a while. Think about this, the Wii may not compare (at all:lol: ) to PS3 and 360 graphically, but measure the power output. The Wii uses almost 3x less power (18watts) than a 50 watt lightbulb in full use while allowing motion sensing and graphics that are better than the original XBox! To me that's innovation. Using less power but still beating previous generations (so far barely, but still beating them). The Super NES used 17 watts!

Paintballer:

Nintendo thought EVERYTHING out and put it into a nice, almost 3 DVD movie case sized, shell. The two other manufacturers went balls to the wall with their graphics chips not listening to nothing any consumer was saying but instead doing the obvious, increasing graphics. To me that's a given. When Super NES came out, it d@## well better had looked better than NES. So you are telling me that a system with motion sensing, built in Wi-Fi, blue tooth connected controllers, the ability to save things via your controller, a speaker in it, the motion sensing nunchuk, uses 18 watts max (while playing), compatible with NES till now, and it's quieter than a computer in stand by wouldn't be more if it were made in place of the GC? It takes a little time for things to come down in price enough for mass manufacturing. I can assure you that even 4-5 years from now Blu-Ray and HD-DVD drives won't be cheap enough to be purchasing like DVD drives. I have two dual layered DVD burners in my computer. Nintendo could just be waiting to prices go down and the need goes up. It was reported that only something like 3% of Americans have HD-TV's. Why spend money on that when you have a 3% window when there is 97% waiting for something?
Well it would obviously cost a little more, but it wouldn't be something that would be a huge problem. They could probably still sale it for the same price the Wii is selling now without losing money on it since they make a big profit off the consoles themselves right now.

To be honest, they are only making between like $40 to $50 per system sold. That don't sound like much but $40 x 9,000,000=

Well I think its possible. I mean even if it doesnt come out for years im sure they are working on new ideas already for it. Ive heard it takes year(s) to make a good video game so it makes sense. The wii is great i love it its my fav of all the systems but its not as graphicly powerful as the others so it would make sense to come out a tad sooner than normal And refering to it as wii2 or whatever is probaly just something to call it for now doesnt mean thats what its gonna be named when it ships. Either Way if its true thats cool if not oh well :)

paintba||er said:

WTF? :confused: :wtf:

lol i randomly done that a couple of times on this site.....when i was new though

edit: i think the console war is messed in the head

wii-to behind, they're gonna make a new one...but that's not that bad, how many versions are there of a 360 or the ps3? this would just be a bigger change, but still weird

xbox 360-it's going to release something relatively early too....because well look at this gen, and the fact that they're having hardware problems with it

ps3-it's gonna last like 8 years, than it's gonna become the next dreamcast

word.

Last edited:
mushroomedmario said:
lol i randomly done that a couple of times on this site.....when i was new though

edit: i think the console war is messed in the head

wii-to behind, they're gonna make a new one...but that's not that bad, how many versions are there of a 360 or the ps3? this would just be a bigger change, but still weird

xbox 360-it's going to release something relatively early too....because well look at this gen, and the fact that they're having hardware problems with it

ps3-it's gonna last like 8 years, than it's gonna become the next dreamcast

word.
Wait, it is going to last 8 years, yet it will be like the Dreamcast? That doesn't seem to make much sense......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back