Hacked Wii firmware

uk_louis_1986

WiiChat Member
Jun 2, 2006
United Kingdom
hey guys do you think it would ever be possible to use hacked firmware in the wii, in place of a mod chip. how long do you think it would take would you pay for it??

uk_louis_1986 said:
hey guys do you think it would ever be possible to use hacked firmware in the wii, in place of a mod chip. how long do you think it would take would you pay for it??

If I recall this is what made the xbox live get banned. Altering the actual firmware. If your intersted in modchipping, read soldering guides. I think it's better in the fashion not just everyone can do it.

Let me guess you have an Xbox? There are a huge number of people trying to hack the firmware of the Wii so that we can get homebrew running on it. There are also quite a few people trying to find a solution for the bricked Wiis. So far there has been very little success.

I have no doubt we will see firmware changes at some point. However it is still early for the mod scene on the wii. Heck we haven't even decrypted the VC yet.

paintba||er said:
But that is detectable unlike a modchip. I'm just waiting for a solderless modchip.

Why are you waiting for a solderless one? A couple of systems never get to see a solderless chip grace their system. At the rate of how things are going for the hardware revisions for the wii, there won't be one anytime soon either.

20070525_4f36634031fad02fd6d1bW0Qt0tsXiag.jpg

SadistBlue said:
Why are you waiting for a solderless one? A couple of systems never get to see a solderless chip grace their system. At the rate of how things are going for the hardware revisions for the wii, there won't be one anytime soon either.
Because I know if I try to solder one I will **** my Wii up. Look up the WiiFree. It is going to be solderless.
wiifree-first-solderless-mod-v2.jpg

Ugh...I really want to mod it, but I know I would screw it up if I tried soldering, and my soldering iron broke a while ago anyway...Maybe I will just go get a new one and start practicing...And how can you guarantee something in your opinion? Doesn't make much sense.

How about I say that everyone in the scene believes the solderless chips will never exist but there has not been an official announcement?

As it is right now all Wiis sold are "unmodable" by the average person because of either missing IC legs or the new chipset. There is no reason for new chips to be released until someone cracks the D2C!

ciper said:
How about I say that everyone in the scene believes the solderless chips will never exist but there has not been an official announcement?

As it is right now all Wiis sold are "unmodable" by the average person because of either missing IC legs or the new chipset. There is no reason for new chips to be released until someone cracks the D2C!

I can back that statement up myself. As of right now no one believes solderless chips to be in production anytime soon, especially with the target of Nintendo's attack on the matter.

paintba||er said:
Ugh...I really want to mod it, but I know I would screw it up if I tried soldering, and my soldering iron broke a while ago anyway...Maybe I will just go get a new one and start practicing...And how can you guarantee something in your opinion? Doesn't make much sense.

Installing the chip is always going to be a risk. It is however a variable that skill can overcome a good portion of that risk. It's your decision if you feel you have the upperhand in this bet for $250 (Not to mention finding one)

To be fair learning isn't that hard, I took advanced metals back when I was in High School, I just practiced a little bit, and went right at it. However with the new revisions made to the wii, I probably would have passed on it until I knew I could obtain another wii reliably.

ciper said:
It is the Operating system of the Wii and right now you cannot make any changes to it except for the official Nintendo updates.

So it won't cost any money to get the updates?

JLU51396 said:
So it won't cost any money to get the updates?
If you download them fron the internet then no!

Some games come with the update built in. Most of the games made by Nintendo have updates on them. I think Pokemon has the 2.2 update? Someone want to confirm that?

Back