Halo 3 hands on and new pics

WiiBad said:
The graphics just look really amazing. However, the Metroid Prime 3 pics are looking really good too. This totally brings to mind the whole Genesis era when Sega was giving Nintendo a run for their money. Very similar series, slightly better graphics.

So Haze and Kill Zone 2 are going to be special games then since their graphics are probally better than that of Halo.

---Brian--- said:
Just another shooter, i dont get whats so great about it.
you should look up gaming history before you make an ignorant statement like that
halo set the standard for FPS controls (dual analog control) the first time around, then mastered online the second time around which still today hasnt been matched

also, im going to make a bold statement
this is probably said every gaming generation but im going to say it with some confidence
i dont think the graphics could get any better than that, the graphics look like they have perfectly matched up with the style of the game

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
you should look up gaming history before you make an ignorant statement like that
halo set the standard for FPS controls (dual analog control) the first time around, then mastered online the second time around which still today hasnt been matched

this is probably said every gaming generation but im going to say it with some confidence
i dont think the graphics could get any better than that, the graphics look like they have perfectly matched up with the style of the game

Well there still polishing them and those are pics from multi-player so it will just get better in the campaign:drool:

Sovieto said:

Haze looks better, as does Call Of Duty:4 modern warfare, and iv got my money on it Kill Zone 2 will blow away Halo's graphics, ohh and Resistances online is just as good as Halo's.

This is gorgeous!!

halo-3-20070701092603686-000.jpg

Oh, but that is cool!

killzone-ps3-20060113104821593.jpg

Haze, pretty cool, the above still beat it.:

haze-20070703111035821.jpg

I know its blown up but you can see that Halo 3 beats that still:

call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-20070613003852014.jpg

Last edited:
Good! The beta's Graphics sucked ass. Halo 2.5 they were. (and by 2.5 I mean 2.1)

Im sorry, but do you think Haze's graphics are fully finished yet, along with Call Of Duty, just like the Halo beta, those graphics will get even better but i dont know what you mean Haze eh? that pic of Haze looks just as good if not better than Halo and it still isn't fully complete, Kill Zone 2, if they manage to get that game to look as good as they predict then it will be truly amazing.

---Brian--- said:
Haze looks better, as does Call Of Duty:4 modern warfare, and iv got my money on it Kill Zone 2 will blow away Halo's graphics, ohh and Resistances online is just as good as Halo's.
we also havent seent he campagin for halo, also, halos graphics will become more polished and what not
cod4 looks nothing as good as halo, but they are both trying to achieve different things
and killzone2, we'll just have to wait and see
@resistance online, LOL>????????? what are you talking about, do you have the option to create your own types of matches, switch around the weapons on the maps, your starting weapons, switch around the vechicles on the map, or have it find people of similar skill level automatically using multiple variables? i think not

Sovieto said:
we also havent seent he campagin for halo, also, halos graphics will become more polished and what not
cod4 looks nothing as good as halo, but they are both trying to achieve different things
and killzone2, we'll just have to wait and see
@resistance online, LOL>????????? what are you talking about, do you have the option to create your own types of matches, switch around the weapons on the maps, your starting weapons, switch around the vechicles on the map, or have it find people of similar skill level automatically using multiple variables? i think not

Well their are no vehicles for Resistance Online, thank god as i find vehicles annoying online, you can find players that are the same level as you on Resistance, and you can also select the map , guns, basically what type of game you want on Resistance also. Ohh, and absolutley, and i mean none whatsoever, no lag at all online with Resistance, its amazing just how smooth it runs.

---Brian--- said:
Well their are no vehicles for Resistance Online, thank god as i find vehicles annoying online, you can find players that are the same level as you on Resistance, and you can also select the map , guns, basically what type of game you want on Resistance also. Ohh, and absolutley, and i mean none whatsoever, no lag at all online with Resistance, its amazing just how smooth it runs.
you can change any aspect of online with halo2 and then save it so you can instantly play it later
you could play only pistols or shotguns and snipers, stuff like that, or a game where everyone is invisible, or no shields
theres no lag on halo that ive experienced, but why are you mentioning lag? lag is based off the players unless you play in a server more than anything
also, halo 2 was a last gen game, and youre trying to compare it to resistance, where resistance is still not as good, halo 3 will feature rankings, saved medals, unlockable armors, and you can even save replays and edit them to show to your buddies or the world

I agree that Halo is an awsome shooter *for a console... Every aspect of Halo is limited compared to a counter-part PC game. Online, graphics, controlls (dual isn't bad but the mouse or wii-mote precision is so much better.

But I don't see any giant zomg impovements in the graphics.
They arn't even close to the best graphics either.
Village-Level-05.jpg

It's certainly going to be a good game and I'll play though the campaign with someone but people claiming it to be the best game ever are crazy.

Last edited:
StevenNevets said:
I agree that Halo is an awsome shooter *for a console... Every aspect of Halo is limited compared to a counter-part PC game. Online, graphics, controlls (dual isn't bad but the mouse or wii-mote precision is so much better.

But I don't see any giant zomg impovements in the graphics.
They arn't even close to the best graphics either.
Village-Level-05.jpg

It's certainly going to be a good game and I'll play though the campaign with someone but people claiming it to be the best game ever are crazy.
i said best graphics for halos style, which is not trying to achieve photo realism
also, dual analog is just as precise as a mouse, the only issue is the movement speed of each, where the dual analog is limited, id think out of the 3 the wiimote is the least because it has more lag and sometimes easy movements make the screen go flying, or you can easily mess up and have your screen whizzing in circles, cause you have to hold it up the whole time, it gets tiring.

From my experience.
1. Wii-Remote - Just play Elebits or look at MP:3 E3 videos and you'll realise how great it really works (when it works, most shooters right have awfull controlls, though it is early)
2. Mouse - It does feel a little dull but it works the best, easy to incorporate so little games fail because of bad controlls and it's just realy smooth and precise.
3. Dual-Analog - The moving around, nading, zooming ect. with the 360 controller is awsome but when it comes to aiming which is very important it fails. During your typical Halo style
(bunny-hopping, nade spamming, spawn camping) game-play it doesn't matter much but for games with a more strategic approach it just doesn't work good enough.

And yes I see what you meen, Halo isn't really going for a photo-realistic look. It's not quite cartoony either though and the pure graphical quality of Crysis > Halo 3 by a lot, art-style aside.
Halo 3 still is graphically satisfying though. Anything high-end Wii (SMG, MP:3, SSBB, Dewys) and over is graphically satisfying for me though so of course there's nothing wrong with Halo 3.
Just saying it's not the best looking game. But this very second for games curently released the PC is still behind the 360 (1 or 2 games aside) but with Crysis with a big jump over 360
and a few Unreal Engine games coming out in late 2007/early 2008 it'll change and the 360 and PS3 graphics will start to fell dated as with every console generation.
But I don't think the PS3/360 will feel as dated compared to the PC when the next generation comes around just because they hit that HD point. Good move.

But yes, I'll stop rambling.

ZOMFG Halo 3 ftw huzzahhh nazisoft

Last edited:
Sovieto said:
you can change any aspect of online with halo2 and then save it so you can instantly play it later
you could play only pistols or shotguns and snipers, stuff like that, or a game where everyone is invisible, or no shields
theres no lag on halo that ive experienced, but why are you mentioning lag? lag is based off the players unless you play in a server more than anything
also, halo 2 was a last gen game, and youre trying to compare it to resistance, where resistance is still not as good, halo 3 will feature rankings, saved medals, unlockable armors, and you can even save replays and edit them to show to your buddies or the world

Save and replay and the unlockable armour sounds good. Resistance has a ranking system, you also get medals and your player's costume changes as you continue to get promoted.

Back