Halo 3 rips off MP3?

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
People who already have the game (Halo 3) say the last mission/map of the game is called "Valhalla".

Sound familiar to anyone?

Maybe you should google valhalla, bud. According to Norse mythology, Valhalla or Hall of the Slain is the resting place for heroes slain in glorious combat. The heroes wait in the hall until the final days, or the battle of Ragnarok. It's a name that's been used in many, many video games, comics and movies.

Could be wrong , but I think Bungie started working on Halo3 before MP3 was started. Also what the poster above said too

i have to state, that,

marvel ultimate alliance has a level called valhalla aswell,

omg sue them they ripped off lol jokes but

it could be treu but doubtfull its very popular and common name in games/books/films

Uh... no.

Valhalla (like its been said before) is a Norse word. So the only group who could sue would be the Vikings....

But say Valhalla, that word reeks of coolness. Who could pass it up?

Metroid: 100x times better than Halo, since Halo is the same game 3 times.

edit: err... I've made people mad, by saying something.... sorry.

Last edited:
Don't try to start things by saying Halo sucks, there are people who would whole heartedly debate that with you until the end of time, just save that for somewhere else please. Also people need to stop claiming that Halo has "stolen" ideas or anything else from Metroid, there is quite a bit of evidence showing that it is similar in some aspects, but very different in others.

Taters said:
Uh... no.

Valhalla (like its been said before) is a Norse word. So the only group who could sue would be the Vikings....

But say Valhalla, that word reeks of coolness. Who could pass it up?

Metroid: 100x times better than Halo, since Halo is the same game 3 times.

Halo: sucks. What else?
Oh, and Metroid Prime isn't the same game three times?

And yes, i'll agree with blueovalboy7, if we really wanted to debate this, make a new topic or something.

Valhalla has been used in numerous games as a name for something of the sort.
This is kind of like the title of a song, some bands have the same name of a song as another band, but it's not the same song.

Spyro said:
People who already have the game (Halo 3) say the last mission/map of the game is called "Valhalla".

Sound familiar to anyone?
/fail
valhalla is a type of heaven i believe
+ beta which had that map was out before mp3
+ mp3 ripped off halo totally with the beginning part.

oh and you shouldnt say halo sucks when the only reason you dont like it is
A: you havent given it a fair chance, in which case you cant say it sucks
B: it has done more for the console FPS genre than metroid will ever
C: you cant afford a 360 or xbox so your excuse is that you hate the game so why get it
D: youre a nintendo fanboy and hate anything the other consoles have to offer that is huge

take your pick and have fun!

Last edited:
I think sov is the best and making people feeling like complete crap.
It makes my heart twinkle when he does that...(twinkle? WTF)

Sovieto said:
/fail
valhalla is a type of heaven i believe
+ beta which had that map was out before mp3
+ mp3 ripped off halo totally with the beginning part.

oh and you shouldnt say halo sucks when the only reason you dont like it is
A: you havent given it a fair chance, in which case you cant say it sucks
B: it has done more for the console FPS genre than metroid will ever
C: you cant afford a 360 or xbox so your excuse is that you hate the game so why get it
D: youre a nintendo fanboy and hate anything the other consoles have to offer that is huge

take your pick and have fun!

why must you be so quick to judge him.

A. maybe he has played them all and gave them there fair chance
B. cant argue with that point...
C. just stfu this ones pure talking out of your ass
D. i doubt that. there are people who just dont think halos a good game.

and he had a point, halo is basically the same thing for 3 games.

JCpackers05 said:
why must you be so quick to judge him.

A. maybe he has played them all and gave them there fair chance
B. cant argue with that point...
C. just stfu this ones pure talking out of your ass
D. i doubt that. there are people who just dont think halos a good game.

and he had a point, halo is basically the same thing for 3 games.
for C, no. it is a common reason on why people hate/bash other consoles. when consoles are getting expensive as they are and people can only afford 1 they tend to use the "i dont like it blah blah" for their reasoning on not buying it, cause if all consoles were extremely cheap then everyone would buy at least 2.

and of course its still going to keep its core, but it does add on many things each game, but you dont change a winning formula.

Hybrid said:
excusé moi?! Halo the same as metroid?!

Only similarity is there Armour is similar. But seriously, Metroid you shoot @ creeped out floating jellyfish type **** or creepy one eyed donkeys. Halo you fights pretty cool looking aliens and you can get into vehicles and you have allies!
And your weapons aren't just the lights changing on her little gun thing. Its a tottaly different.

And in metroid there are puzzles and crap. Halo just kick ass battles...the same i think not!

i never said the two games were the same...

and sovieto: i never hear that excuse...so to me that = talking out your ass. and sounds pretty much like that.

they are diffent types of games. Halo is more of a shooter and metroid is more of avdevture. I personally like they both pretty much the same. Halo is better in a way cause of multiplyer though

Back