Halo 3 X Button

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
If you don't know already, Bungie said the X button in Halo will change the way we play FPSs forever! A lot of hype is going around, what do you guys think?
It cant be like the shield because that wouldnt work in EVERY FPS, think of a WW2 FPS with a guy with a shield. I'm thinking a Slo-Mo type thing, because that from what I know, hasnt been done in a FPS. What do you guys think >?

no,f.e.a.r has a slo-mo feature in it,i cant wait to see what it it though.:smilewinkgrin:

psychono2 said:
no,f.e.a.r has a slo-mo feature in it,i cant wait to see what it it though.:smilewinkgrin:
oh yah, okay so its back to complete mystery :shifty:

I think its a very indepth context button :idea:

because these things have all been done :

Human sheilds
Jumping
Shooting (obv)
Melee
Sprinting
Opening
Climbing
SlowMo
Vision Modes
Driving
Reloading
Zooming
Throwing Grenade

thats all I can think of for now...
what else is there to do that could change fps's for ever ?

Last edited:
Blips said:
I think its a very indepth context button :idea:
like A on gears of war, but thats not a fps, so thats a possiblity.

maybe it allows users to go from first person to third person!

psychono2 said:
maybe it allows users to go from first person to third person!
i was accutaly thinking that as well, but third person pwnz FPS in most cases (i mean by like how well you can do)
and pizzaluvr, that wouldnt work in all FPSs...it would work only in large mapped FPSs

pizzaluvr said:
it's been 99% confirmed it's dash, like 100m dash forward... it might be differnt though

I don't see how some people on forums saying that that's what it is means that it's 99% confirmed. It just doesn't seem that revolutionary.

It probably just goes "4 hours and counting"
then after 4 hours of playing it a giant boxing glove shoots out of the screen and goes "GO OUTSIDE, MASTER CHIEF WILL STILL BE HERE IN 10 MINUTES"

OR it could just be another way of people trying to develop hype for what in my humble opinion is just an average fps series.

Flagel said:
It probably just goes "4 hours and counting"
then after 4 hours of playing it a giant boxing glove shoots out of the screen and goes "GO OUTSIDE, MASTER CHIEF WILL STILL BE HERE IN 10 MINUTES"

OR it could just be another way of people trying to develop hype for what in my humble opinion is just an average fps series.

lol the halo series is way better than the metroid series or even zelda... are you smoking something

I would just like to ask, why do you think the halo series is so good?

I mean, i'm not flaming halo, its just I never thought it was worthy of all the hype it gets, it is a good game but nothing more, get me online to counter strike any day.

im a huge nintendo fan but i have to admit halo series is by far better then any of the nintendo series and thats the only reason i have a 360

pizzaluvr said:
lol the halo series is way better than the metroid series or even zelda... are you smoking something
get out of this website please. halo would never top zelda, or metroid. :mad5:

Flagel said:
I would just like to ask, why do you think the halo series is so good?

I mean, i'm not flaming halo, its just I never thought it was worthy of all the hype it gets, it is a good game but nothing more, get me online to counter strike any day.

i totally agree with you. its just good cause it was like the first big xbox shooter game, and everyone played it. theres better games out there, in my opinion. i believe call of duty on xbox is alot more fun, but thats just me

Back