Halo 3 X Button

Why was Halo great?
First, it set the standard controls for FPSs everywhere.
Awesome worlds in great graphics never seen before.
Awesome storyline that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Everything was new, it was the only game you could blast guys with a rocket launcher then get in a Warthog with an AI driving you while you finish them off.
Personally, I didn't like the Halo 2 single player much, seemed like they put all their effort into the multiplayer, but man, Halo 1 single player had me scared on the jungle level, I was only 10 at the time.

Sovieto said:
Why was Halo great?
Everything was new, it was the only game you could blast guys with a rocket launcher then get in a Warthog with an AI driving you while you finish them off.
Personally, I didn't like the Halo 2 single player much, seemed like they put all their effort into the multiplayer, but man, Halo 1 single player had me scared on the jungle level, I was only 10 at the time.

in my opinion halo is boring in the storyline. i cant sit through it. but im still playing golden eye, so w.e

Sovieto said:
Why was Halo great?

i agree with him, i have been playing video games since the NES, i was never really into FPS. i only really played RPG's and some types of other games, but i tried Halo when it first came out and thought the story was good and graphics are good and fell in love with it and when Halo2 came out lvoed it a bit more, it was jsut a bit different then everythign else out there kinda at the time. its just a matter of opnion, i have played many games that people said it was the best game or really good, but when i played them i had no clue what they were thinking, i.e. Metroid Prime for the GC i liked it but had no clue what was so special about it. Im not a console fanboy for any of the systems all of the systems have there good series, but hardcore fanboyism will never go away. but halo i think is a good series, with the main plot of the story and sub plots and with the history of it the way it kinda looks at the religion and how they make there own alternate history of earth and the universe and relgions of earth ie. the flood, the Arc etc...

as for the X button thing, it is the first i have heard of it, i dont really keep up to date on things like this, only when games are going to released.

Sovieto said:
Why was Halo great?

I'm pretty sure Golden Eye for the 64 set the standard for future FPS. And Zelda and Mario 64 set the standard for 3D environments and movement.

Maybe your to young to remember the golden years of gaming.

Well maybe the X button will make you jump 4 times as high then the previous Halo allowing you to escape earth's gravitational force. :crazy:

Microsoft is just trying to generate hype, thats all. And yes, everyone thinks Halo is the best FPS out there, but just take a step back and look at it. What all did they change to make it stand out? Boarding the vehicles is the only think i can think of, and c'mon how many times have you done that in the game.

Capt Elmer said:
I'm pretty sure Golden Eye for the 64 set the standard for future FPS. And Zelda and Mario 64 set the standard for 3D environments and movement.

Maybe your to young to remember the golden years of gaming.

Well maybe the X button will make you jump 4 times as high then the previous Halo allowing you to escape earth's gravitational force. :crazy:
meh, goldeneye fps controls sucked to now adays
im talking about 2 control stick control, gamecube adapted it after which made use for the c stick better and so did ps2 games, some early FPS ps2 games youll see weird control styles not using both analog sticks

Mitch2025 said:
it could be that when pressed, you hold your gun up and use it to help deflect bullets
sounds sorta...i dont know,kinda hard to kill them wile there doing that.

someone got served. :D

well anyway if M$ says the X button will be revolutionary then its probably something that no other game has done. Well X in halo 2 reloads soo speed reloading? nah Gears of War did that. Or pressing X will make you roll around on the ground like Link lol (i swear rolling makes you faster than just running). Oh i know the X button causes the Halo dude to kick the opposing player in the balls which causes him to drop his weapon. :arf:

very true! Although I have problems with people calling their games better than my games :lol: I grew up with zelda, man....what do people expect :idea:

Back