Halo3 Vs Ssbb :/..

tank said:
No chance SSBB will outsell Halo3

Halo has such a huge fan base. Halo is a franchise that so many people enjoy. Ever notice how a whole lot of Halo fan aren't really "gamers"? Sure a lot of Halo fans are true gamers, to say, but a lot of them are also people who just own an X-box to play sports games, Halo, and Gears. It's not very likely to find games like Fable, or Oblivion in their collection. Just the 2k sports series, and Halo. Halo has such an appeal that people in every target audience are likely to pick up a copy, even if they are not a fan of the franchise.

The bulk of SSBB sales are going to come from the Nintendo "fan boy" base. Don't try to disillusion yourself, the percentage of SSBB sales that come from people new to Nintendo is going to be incredibly small compared to the percentage of buyers who are already familiar with the series.

That's why SSBB is NOT going to outsell Halo 3.

I'm actually getting a 360 and Halo 3 for Christmas. I've kinda alway wanted a 360, cause it actually has some really good games....new Fable, anyone?.... And after playing Halo 3 with the 6 people on my floor who got it last night, I'm hooked. I never liked Halo cause I never actually sat donw and played it for more than 5 minutes before saying "F*** this, I suck so I quit." But 3 is just so much fun. I also played Gears of War for the first time recently.....damn that's a fun game.

right.....which is why levesqueisking and a bunch of my friends are/have already buying/bought the wii just for ssbb, i myself am not sure if i would have bought the wii if it weren't for ssbb, the only two games i was looking forward to when the wii was announced were twilight princess and ssbb, and tp is on cube.....and since my brotha has a wii, i would probably find it unnecesarry

you should see my friends, they are gamers but not console gamers, they are pc gamers however they're gonna buy the wii just for ssbb.....it is a really great unique game that should appeal to all target audiences(maybe not the wii grandmas)

oh and sovieto, sorry i haven't really seen the sales between wii and 360, i just assumed wii was in the lead,

*checks vgcharts(nexenwars=crap, i don't know why you assumed nexgenwars was my number 1 source, i think i used it before i became a member of wiichat, butc converted over to vgchartz because it seemed more reliable

yup wii's still in the lead,

are you sure halo 2 only sold 6.5 mil....wikipedia said 9, but if you find a better source i'll believe you

and to the poster 3 posts above me

cs:s>ALL FPS's

dont argue with that.

Last edited:
yeah master chief dies ( LOL I RUINED IT FOR YOU ALL! >:D) so that means theres no other halo. and for SSB, i heard it was the last one too. but i hope not. it deserves atleast one more game.

.....>.>.....<.<......

Is it all right if I'm a devoted fan of both games?

*hopes he is not crucified as some sort of amalgamated abomination*

Economic Prediction: In America, Halo will beat SSBB in sales, But worldwide SSBB will beat Halo in sales.

you know they should put master chief in the next SSB or even in brawl... lol my brother the xbox halo fanboy bit my head off for that...

It would out-sell Halo 3, if Nintendo had more fans. The peoples like Halo 3 for its super hi-def graphics and since its from the 360 (alot of people have 360's since its been out the longest.) It has a story line, which I'm thiking SSBB is going to have one more so then before. It was a huge launch. I don't think SSBB is going to be that huge, but its going to have lines. And stores will run out of copies. Halo 3 isn't as good in temrs of fighting and stuff (considering Halo 3 is a FPS) but has great online. I hope to see that in SSBB too. All in all, its going to come close. Halo 3, chances are, is going to win.

Tank said:
The bulk of SSBB sales are going to come from the Nintendo "fan boy" base. Don't try to disillusion yourself, the percentage of SSBB sales that come from people new to Nintendo is going to be incredibly small compared to the percentage of buyers who are already familiar with the series.

I beg to differ. Everyone i know knows both Halo and SSB. You can't say most sales will come from the "Fan boy" base. I would say a large percentage of sales would come from kids, due to parents. A parent sees 2 games, one with aliens, blood, gore, killing, (halo) and sees nintendo characters fighting each other like Mario and Link (SSB), a parent would most likely choose SSB for their kids. And EVERYONE knows what super smash bros. is. My girlfriend's first game was SSB on the N64 because that was the only game out there that appealed to her. Her second was mario64 lol. SSB is no small matter. There are smash tourneys everywhere and just friends playing together. The GC is small, inexpensive, and offers 4 players. Bringing a PS2 only allows 2 players, an xbox and ps3 is just too big compared to GC, the 360 though is good but it is fragile and not as rugged as a GC (I know this from experience from both my 360 and gc), a Wii is also perfect except you have to bring a wiimote :/

Pikachu256 said:
I think Halo 3 will win the Fps of the Year Award
CoD4 will come in second and Crysis will come in 3rd
Sales wise, yes. Halo 3 is going to take away from CoD4 and not everyone knows what Crysis is :/
Graphics wise: Halo 3 and CoD4 are going going to cry against dx10.

Sovieto said:
are you sure? according to nexgenwars 360 took the lead again. wasnt this the #1 source for your wii > 360 sales?
oh and thats a weird number for halo 2 sales...2-9?? its 6.5.
According to VGchartz.com Wii is beating by .6 mil atm. But i wouldn't fully trust them. The Wii and the 360 sales are neck to neck right now.

MushroomedMario said:
you should see my friends, they are gamers but not console gamers, they are pc gamers however they're gonna buy the wii just for ssbb.....it is a really great unique game that should appeal to all target audiences(maybe not the wii grandmas)

Same with me, I'm a hardcore PC gamer but my brother is a console gamer. He wanted a 360 and PS3 but I wanted a Wii, now we have all three (he paid for his and i paid for mine but felt bad he had to pay so much so i helped out) :D I basically bought the Wii for Galaxy and SSB. Other games are fun extras.

Right now 200 million more Xbox 360s hav been sold than Wiis. The way Halo 3 sold is pretty crazy....I think its not goin to be huge upset if SSBB outsells Halo 3 but Halo 3 will probly out sell SSBB

Gam3rFr3ak said:
Right now 200 million more Xbox 360s hav been sold than Wiis. The way Halo 3 sold is pretty crazy....I think its not goin to be huge upset if SSBB outsells Halo 3 but Halo 3 will probly out sell SSBB

LOL

no console has even sold 200 million

Halo 3 will sell more for sure but that is just because people today don't know waht a quality game is. SSBB is actually an original game unlike Halo 3 which is just another FPS that got popular beacause of graphics which shouldn't matter so much no matter what anyone says.

They are BOTH original games, SSB for it's style of gameplay, combined with it's emphasis on nostalgia as well as it's unique % style damage system. Halo is unique in that it strikes a very delectable balance between narrative, action, game play and design. Granted, there are a vast number of FPS, and many of them are sci-fi based, but there are only a few who do it as well as Halo. And when it comes to SSB there are numerous fighting games as well, but which of these games captures the spirit and fast-paced action of SSB?

It's a tough call... Halo 3 does have a massive fan base, but so does SSB... It's going to be very close. In the long term, I say Brawl will win, just cause more Wii's will be sold. Brawl has a higher limit than xbox360, having sold more consoles.

Halo 3 will sell more for sure but that is just because people today don't know waht a quality game is. SSBB is actually an original game unlike Halo 3 which is just another FPS that got popular beacause of graphics which shouldn't matter so much no matter what anyone says.

Go ahead and find me a game that is similar to H3 in all of its aspects. What people don't seem to understand is that without the Halo trilogy xbox wouldn't have been as popular as it is today. Also anyone could easily say that SSBB is just another fighting game no different from Dead or Alive etc. Finally Halo became popular due to its campaign mode along with the online capability. Sure graphics are a main factor but it isn't the only reason behind the high amount of sales.

Syntax said:
Sure graphics are a main factor but it isn't the only reason behind the high amount of sales.

Actually there were a large number of Halo fanboys whining about how the graphics of H3 aren't as good as they wanted them to be (which shows just how shallow some people can be). so you're right, graphics aren't the main draw.

Yeah, I think SSBB definitely is all over Halo considering how origional it is. Hey, let's put some aliens in a game and shoot them. That's how origional Halo is. SSBB has so many different features that's it's just that hard to beat. Everyone is so into Halo, that they don't even realize that it's not even that good of a game.

Back