Hammer Bro issues

hammer bros may seem cheap at first, but as you all play it more and all get better it takes skill to use his fake effectively. its really easy to get around it, just get close and turn around, this leaves the hammer bros defenceless, as soon as he hits the ground slide tackle him and your on your way. you'll find the game play becomes quite complicated and you come up with all sorts of different tactics, not just swinging the wii-remote and passing it the hammer bros all the time.

Ness said:
hammer bros may seem cheap at first, but as you all play it more and all get better it takes skill to use his fake effectively. its really easy to get around it, just get close and turn around, this leaves the hammer bros defenceless, as soon as he hits the ground slide tackle him and your on your way. you'll find the game play becomes quite complicated and you come up with all sorts of different tactics, not just swinging the wii-remote and passing it the hammer bros all the time.

You should believe this guy, hes one of the best players I've ever had a game against :)

There are definitely a ton of different tactics that you can use in this game. But the one thing you don want to get hung on is just using one tactic like the hammerspammer move. Alot of people are getting better at defending that move and there are so many more to use. Boo has an awesome move that he can do by dekeing through the goalie and shooting. That take precision timing but it is very effective when you have the timing down. But like I said make sure that you don't just use one tactic....that is boring #1 and #2 what do you do when someone knows how to stop ur one talent?

Hammer Bros are the last thing that's cheap once you know what you're doing. As a matter in-fact, they're totally uneffective unless you know what you're doing with them. Plus, there's ways to counter the people trying to counter Hammer Bros. I do use a Hammer Bro, and at this point, it's definitely not about spamming his attack - his special shooting ability should be used with skill, and let's not forget he has the high shooting rating. So passing him the ball when it's charged-up may also be a smart idea if he's on your opponent's side of the field.

Anyway around it, weither you hate him or you really wanna get good with him (meaning your willing to do more than spam).. send me a message and I'll be happy to help you out. Alot of the posts in this thread seem to be focused on thinking Hammer Bros spammers are a serious threat :lol: - not at all - but he's still awesome if his attack isn't spammed, too.

hammer bro spamming is not impossible to counter. just tackle him right after he use his deke. hb is not cheap. u just need the right timing, and he's slow.

jess4mick said:
i found that the people using hammer bros only cnt seem to score if u take the hammer bro out but then there r others that whip me bad lol but all good

most of the people i faced have hammer bro, and they dont score not cuz i counter his spam, but i have good D. i use hammer bro and use his ability alot but not anyone can do it.

tank said:
i found Dry bones to be an effective defense. That mo fo is FAST. He keeps up with the attackers really well.

......NO WAY. dry bones is a defender....omg.

lol i laugh at mad frogs sig, well done you can manage to beat a noob great acheivement lol.
mmmmmmm anyone think madfrog is grubby???

Back