Happy news to balance out the Sad.

Jeremy_und2004

I have my Wii!!!!!!
Nov 19, 2006
Minnesota
Well, I finally did it.
I started out scouting at 11pm Thanksgiving day. Best Buy was already packed with people, and I didn't think it was worth trying there. Gamestop #1 had 2 people in line in a tent, and Gamestop #2 was empty. So I went home, took a nap, and came back at 1:45am. Best Buy was absolutely nuts, but I drove by just to check out the madness. Gamestop #1 had about 15 people in line already, and I started to get nervous as I drove to the less popular Gamestop #2.....

EMPTY! Not a soul on the lot. I decided to set up my folding chair, and hang out in my car until anyone else showed up. 1 hour goes by and still no one, and I start getting doubts that this store will have any(even though the mgr told me they would, but he was unsure of how many).

Two guys finally show up in a red Cavalier at 3:05am, and follow my lead and sit in their cars. It begins to rain at 3:30am, and then shortly after turn into freezing rain. Man do I feel bad for everyone in line at all the other stores.

Another car of two guys in a white cavalier shows up slightly after 4, and they immediately get out of there cars. They then put there chairs up behind mine, and decide to sit down and hang out. Me and the guys in the other car kinda laugh at them because they still have 3 hours to wait, no blankets, and its getting colder and colder.

An older lady in a buick shows up at 4:30am, gets right out of her car, and decides to read a book IN MY FIRST-IN-LINE CHAIR. The two guys in the car next to me look at me and we all look really confused. Does she think that these chairs are set out for anyone who shows up my Gamestop employees, or what?

The two guys from the white Cavalier sitting outside start getting cold, and they head back into their cars at 5am, and the older lady follows suit. The two guys in the red cavalier motion me over, and we proceed to make fun of the old lady and the "10 year olds" in the white cavalier. Then I decide to hang out in their car (save gas on running the heat every hour), and we proceed to watch Top Gun almost in it's entirety.

At 6:05, with only 6 of us in the parking lot total, the two "10 year olds" in the white Cavalier decide that it's go time. They go outside, and the old lady of course follows suit. 2 other cars pull up, and seeing the line starting to form they get out of their cars to start lining up also. The movie is just about over, and now the three of us in the red Cavalier have to go out and freeze our butts off.

For the next couple minutes, the floodgates open and the line has grown to over 30 people by 6:30am. And now the longest wait begins. I am 1st in line, practically guaranteed a Wii as long as they have one single unit. The two guys in the white Cavalier are next because they put their chairs out first, which could have been a scuffle but whats the big deal if your #2 in line or #4. The old lady is 5th in the line, and then the newcomers take up the rear. The guy 7th in line just got back from Sams Club, and got their only PS3 and is now trying to get a Wii also. The rest of the line is filled by parents, and little kids who have probably just woken up to try to get the greatly anticipated Wii.

The store manager arrives at 6:40am and tells everyone that he does not have any PS3's, but he does have Wii's. He cannot tell us how many though, becuase he hasn't checked the back room in the past 2 days (yeah right). He goes about his business and gets everything prepared for the 7am opening. Another employee arrives at 6:50am, and he starts bringing up gift bags to put the Wii's into. We had to have counted at least 30 bags, so the line starts getting pumped that this is gonna be the day that they will get their Wii.

7am hits, doors open, and we scuffle to the 2 cash registers. I pay for mine, and hang out around the store to see what happens. Right after I buy mine, the guys says "Alright we only have 5 Wii's, but we might get more shipments in today." 5 Wii's, are you kidding me! Talk about a dissapointed line. But most of them stay in the store and shop around on the other things this Gamestop has to offer.

So it turns out that the ones in my story are the ones who all got Wii's. To the two "10 year olds" in the white Cavalier; Have fun with your Wii, and make sure you get some sun asap. Your looking very pasty and albino. To the one guy in the red Cavalier; Thanks for letting me watch Top Gun with ya guys, it made the wait much easier and a lot less boring. I hope your relative enjoys this system, and hopefully you will to. To the old lady in the Buick; Way to stay strong for the hours to wait. Your grandson will have a very happy birthday on Tuesday that he will certaintly Wii-member. And to anyone else in line that I have not met yet; Good luck on your search, a Wii will defiently come your way to good people. And when you do get it, have fun. I know I am!

My lonely chair and blanket, all by themselves...
112406_0221.jpg

Final Product!!!
DSCF1296.jpg

Great story...

I went the sunday before release (preorder, it was the sneaky pre-sale TRU made that day, hardly anyone knew until the night before, and rumors were confirmed), I arrived at 9:40 am at Toys R Us, suprisingly I was 2nd in line and the store opened 11 am!
Later
It was 10:40 am and still only 5ppl lined up.. (including myself, we just chatted and laughed, had a good time waiting LOL)
At 11am, it was getting crazy, the line was getting bigger by the second
In the end they only had 10 units for preorder...
I Went the next sunday on release at around 11:05, and got my Wii with Zelda and Red Steel (both preordered with the system). The whole stock was gone, there was 3 shelves of wiimotes and nunchucks, all gone by the time I got there unfortunately :( and no copies of any games left, except Madden lol
Either way I got everything except an extra wiimote n nunchuck...

In the end, i'm grateful I didn't have to wait hours on end to get mine ^^

Well, I absolutely love the Wii so far, its awesome. Can't wait till xmas to see what new games I will get.

wow i belive mine will go something like this: i have a boring day at school, all the time thinking about the wii then i get home and either see my wii waiting for me (thanks mum) and smile or see no wii and cry shouting i hate you mum why dont you fall down a hole and die!

Im from Canada and went out on Release Morning, to get a Wii. I go to the future shop and there is about 30 people there, so i went to the zellers, 6 people waiting i got out and asked how many there were, one of the men said 7. I quickly releived knowing i would get one.At 8 they gave us tickets that guaranteed us a Wii at 10! I went back bought my wii, and as i was there, a woman was at the counter yeling at the manager saying he lied to her, i ran up to her and said, excuse me but if you looked on the door it said there would be 7 tickets give n out at 8 to buy one at 10. She looks and me and said, well did u get one? i replied yeah i did and frankly they did a great job of advertising how to get one on th launch day. The manager smiled as the woman stormd out of the store. The manager looked at me and said i appreciate what you just did beause i dont think i couldve stood her much longer. I told him it wasnt a problem and he replied, I appreciate that so much, Im going to give yo a game of your choice free of carge! So i went home smiling with a Wii under one arm and a copy of Zelda in my hand! It just takes on thoughtful person to make your day!

Last edited:
Wolf Form Link said:
Im from Canada and went out on Release Morning, to get a Wii. I go to the future shop and there is about 30 people there, so i went to the zellers, 6 people waiting i got out and asked how many there were, one of the men said 7. I quickly releived knowing i would get one.At 8 they gave us tickets that guaranteed us a Wii at 10! I went back bought my wii, and as i was there, a woman was at the counter yeling at the manager saying he lied to her, i ran up to her and said, excuse me but if you looked on the door it said there would be 7 tickets give n out at 8 to buy one at 10. She looks and me and said, well did u get one? i replied yeah i did and frankly they did a great job of advertising how to get one on th launch day. The manager smiled as the woman stormd out of the store. The manager looked at me and said i appreciate what you just did beause i dont think i couldve stood her much longer. I told him it wasnt a problem and he replied, I appreciate that so much, Im going to give yo a game of your choice free of carge! So i went home smiling with a Wii under one arm and a copy of Zelda in my hand! It just takes on thoughtful person to make your day!

Wow... talk about lucky, 7th ticket? FREE game??? Dam :cornut:
Nice one :thumbsup:

Back