Hard Drive Rumors Once Again

Nintendo Reiterates No Need for Hard Drive

Despite consumer requests to the contrary, Nintendo has again stated that they don't believe the Wii needs a hard drive. Nintendo of America PR manager Eric Walter stated in a recent interview that "we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive,"

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

In regards to the size of the upcoming original Wii Ware games, Walter said "A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive,"

Rumors began earlier this year that Nintendo was planning to announce a hard drive at E3, but Nintendo continues to deny any future plans to make or distribute a hard drive, even despite the addition of the larger NeoGeo titles to the Virtual Console.

Source

Disturbed1 said:
Despite consumer requests to the contrary, Nintendo has again stated that they don't believe the Wii needs a hard drive. Nintendo of America PR manager Eric Walter stated in a recent interview that "we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive,"

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

In regards to the size of the upcoming original Wii Ware games, Walter said "A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size, so they're not gonna take up a ton of your drive,"

Rumors began earlier this year that Nintendo was planning to announce a hard drive at E3, but Nintendo continues to deny any future plans to make or distribute a hard drive, even despite the addition of the larger NeoGeo titles to the Virtual Console.

Source

Gag rocks! WHY are they doing this? What are they afraid of? Something about storin your games on a hard drive must be freaking them out, but what?

Something about storin your games on a hard drive must be freaking them out, but what?

Well, a USB HD for a WII, might be able to be connected to a PC then theres the EMU/Illegal ROM issue but can Card readers read the WII SD cards anyway?

That mustnt be it, maybe they just feel its un-needed, they dont have to add everything everyone tells them to, if they did we prolly wouldnt have a WII only another wanna be PC console.

"A lot of the games for WiiWare that have been submitted so far are smaller in size."

Yeh What Bout When The Bigger Sized WiiWare Games come Out?:confused: We Probably Will Need An HDD.:yesnod:

Sometimes I wonder if Nintendo realizes there are still traditional gamers who want things that other systems have and the Wii lacks or if all the long time nintendo fans have vanished and the casual market = $$.

For nintendo it's the latter. :rolleyes:

Dayoh said:
Well, a USB HD for a WII, might be able to be connected to a PC then theres the EMU/Illegal ROM issue but can Card readers read the WII SD cards anyway?

That mustnt be it, maybe they just feel its un-needed, they dont have to add everything everyone tells them to, if they did we prolly wouldnt have a WII only another wanna be PC console.

I see your point! I bet Nintendo is leery of pirating! I think the SD cards only have games saves on them, not the whole game, so if it still can be read by a PC, you still wouldnt get a whole game.

Second point: I never thought of that one, heh. You right.

Back