Hardcore Gaming and RPGs

Driftwood

Dec 27, 2007
Earth
Wii Online Code
7322-6550-1215-9415
First of all, I'm wondering when the Wii will start taking gaming seriously. I know it's more intended to be family friendly and crap but.. (and there are games like this, a small amount), I need to see more "M"s on boxes, if you know what I mean. I'm pretty sure we're set if we wanna play cutesy little kid games. It's like they say "Everyone can play the Wii!" and stuff but this obviously excludes the hardcore gamer.

And I don't wanna hear "Go get a 360 or PS3". I've always been and will always be a Nintendo loyalist. But now that the next generation has come, when will Nintendo start releasing more mature games? (And I don't just mean the rating).

Second thing. Are there any REAL RPGs planned for the Wii? I'm talkin like.. Oblivion, Final Fantasy, etc.

Thanks
Drift.

So when has Nintendo not taken games seriously?

Also if you were to do some research, you'd find out their future game releases such as Dragon Hunter 3 or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers.

Edit: Also read my sig.

manred said:
Also if you were to do some research, you'd find out their future game releases such as Dragon Hunter 3 or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers.

That's why I was asking. I never said "Nintendo will NEVER take games seriously." I was asking WHEN. So maybe quit being a smartass.

What I'm saying is that Nintendo has always been taking games seriously, I wasn't saying that you said it was never going to.

"Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and the Tower of Mirrors" is anticipated to be a good one, as well as the new Crystal Chronicles.

And I don't wanna hear "Go get a 360 or PS3". I've always been and will always be a Nintendo loyalist. But now that the next generation has come, when will Nintendo start releasing more mature games? (And I don't just mean the rating)

If you don't feel like getting a console made for hardcore gamers, then don't complain about the lack of this stuff. Seriously if the options out there and your not taking it you can't complain about the wii not having it. Obviously if nintendo made a hardcore game it wouldn't appeal as much as games like Wii Fit. They want to make new fresh ideas, instead of just making stuff you can get on any other system.

nintendo is just more family oriented, so unless you learn to start appreciating the type of games it has to offer, you're going to be whining for quite some time.

i'm not hating on the wii, but i must say that for $250, you get what you paid for.

Theres Disaster Day of Crisis, a new Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil 4, the new Crystal Chronicles, Umbrella Chronicles, Manhunt 2, and No More Heroes. *takes breath* There's also Scarface, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

And none of those are 1st party games. You include Zelda, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, SSBB, and Mario Kart and personally I'm pretty happy with the games out right now. These are all just the beginning too. I'm already excited for E3 this year.

Skorp said:
Theres Disaster Day of Crisis, a new Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil 4, the new Crystal Chronicles, Umbrella Chronicles, Manhunt 2, and No More Heroes. *takes breath* There's also Scarface, Godfather: Blackhand Edition, and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

And none of those are 1st party games. You include Zelda, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, SSBB, and Mario Kart and personally I'm pretty happy with the games out right now. These are all just the beginning too. I'm already excited for E3 this year.

What do you mean they're all 1st party? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking: aren't Umbrella Chronicles, Crystal Chronicles, that version of the Godfather, and Symphonia all 1st party?

I could be wrong.

Driftwood said:
What do you mean they're all 1st party? Not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking: aren't Umbrella Chronicles, Crystal Chronicles, that version of the Godfather, and Symphonia all 1st party?

I could be wrong.

uh no

reuc=capcom
ffcc=square enix
godfather= dont know

1st party is games that have been made and published by nintendo. mario, zelda, pokemon etc

Oh.. my bad. Always thought they were games made for a single console. I was close. ;-)

And there are also 2 more interesting rpgs on the way to the Wii, Fragile by Namco-Bandai, and Baroque by Atlus, which seems to be quite macabre.

Well with the likes of Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, No More Heroes, MOH:H2, RE4, RE:UC, Ghost Squad, etc already out, the Wii already has a decent hardcore base.

But that short list is nothing compared to the list that will be hitting us within the next year:

Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Monster Hunter 3
Okami
Spore
Monster Lab
Redsteel 2
Rainbow 6 vegas 7 (possibly)
House of the dead 2 and 3
FF: Crystal bearers
DQSwords
Tales of symphonia 2

The list just goes on. The wii has its fair share of hardcore games and more to spare. Your problem is you havent researched enough. Youll never get the best out of your console if you dont research about upcoming games. Weather its a Wii, 360 or PS3.

Fillieto said:
Well with the likes of Metroid Prime 3, Zelda, No More Heroes, MOH:H2, RE4, RE:UC, Ghost Squad, etc already out, the Wii already has a decent hardcore base.

But that short list is nothing compared to the list that will be hitting us within the next year:

Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Monster Hunter 3
Okami
Spore
Monster Lab
Redsteel 2
Rainbow 6 vegas 7 (possibly)
House of the dead 2 and 3
FF: Crystal bearers
DQSwords
Tales of symphonia 2

The list just goes on. The wii has its fair share of hardcore games and more to spare. Your problem is you havent researched enough. Youll never get the best out of your console if you dont research about upcoming games. Weather its a Wii, 360 or PS3.

OMG OMG I cant wait for the games of 08!!!!

My friend, you obviosuly haven't been looking for "hardcore" games on the Wii, or you're comparing the Wii to one of those other consoles who only have FPS games, so let me give you the list of the already out "harcore" games:

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Battalion Wars 2
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Manhunt 2
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
(If you consider it) Mario Galaxy
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Red Steel
Mario Strikers Charged(pretty hardcore)
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Trauma Center games
Alien Syndrome
No More Heroes
Mortal Kombat
there's more, but here's the coming soon list:

Obsure 2: The Aftermath
Baroque
Bully
Brothers In Arms
Disaster Day of Crisis
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Sadness
Raid Over the River
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Rygar
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

most are mature like you want them, and there are alot more, you just gotta look for them in the near future.

Back