Hardest platform game ever?

dedpoet777

\/\/ii'd Out For Life
Dec 20, 2006
Surfside Beach, SC
Wii Online Code
0792-2476-6769-9631
super mario galaxy of course. i have played a ton of platform games through time, all the marios, all the jak and daxters, vexx, prince of persias, etc.

i think galaxy is possibly the toughest, and definitely the most creative. i think they have increased the difficulty to a high level.

ive gotten all 105 of the first stars and have beaten bowser. i started on the purple comet missions. i am on the 4th one and i must say they are getting pretty hard. i have had to repeat many things and am very impressed with their ideas.

for those that have played what do you think? how hard is it compared to other platformers?

*Should be in Galaxy Sub-Section*

But hardest? I've heard it's pretty easy. And Contra's are pretty brutal. So far I've got 45 and haven't had too much trouble. I'll talk to you after the next 75...

i've heard the same, that it is actual quite easy but i havent played a bit of it

i think when deciding on the HARDEST platformer EVER...i mean it might be something like super ghosts n' goblins or castlevania IV on the SNES some of those games r tough

megaman has been known to be pretty tough as well

and i mean Gunstar Heroes is really really difficult at times (especially the frikin boss battles) it was on Genesis

i find that nowadays games are much much easier than back in the old days where u could literally play a game forever and still not get to level 3

omg. hardest game. definitly = Mega Man X. that game was near impossible just to get to the final guy. then the final guy has a F***in lightsaber thing that owns you in one hit! jesus that game was tough.

You must of skipped over the Japanese version of Mario Bros 2. Also known in the US and UK as Lost Levels. That one easily trumphs Galaxy.

Although Galaxy is one of the most creative ones, if not the most creative.

JCpackers05 said:
omg. hardest game. definitly = Mega Man X. that game was near impossible just to get to the final guy. then the final guy has a F***in lightsaber thing that owns you in one hit! jesus that game was tough.

YES!! omg i know...that game is beastly but o so so good

I WANT MEGAMAN ON VC!!

i still have megaman x but cant play it cuz my snes cable broke

metalfreak said:
YES!! omg i know...that game is beastly but o so so good

I WANT MEGAMAN ON VC!!

i still have megaman x but cant play it cuz my snes cable broke

SAME SAME! they need to put in on VC like now. i have it for SNES as well, but i just have no idea how to hook it up to any of my TV's :) hahahahaha

Contra, or Super Ghost n' Ghouls.

Oh mess. The "Hardcore" (read: teenagers with more testosterone than they can handle) kids of today would simply become frustrated that their health doesn't refill if they stay away from fire for long enough. Or the fact that THE ENEMIES NEVER STOP COMING. EVEEEEEEEEEEEEER. While past gamers will simply take their beating and wish that up-up-down-down-left-left-a-b-a-b Start would work...

Can't comment on the Castlevania for the SNES though. Never played it.

In before Manic miner, Ghouls and ghosts (the one on PSP) One credit Metal slug (any of the main neogeo ones), Red ninja (the temple is damn near impossable), Mega man (any)
Long list short
Galaxy isnt the hardest game ever

Squall7 said:
You must of skipped over the Japanese version of Mario Bros 2. Also known in the US and UK as Lost Levels.
[insert secound pic]

I've got to say that I'm not as far as you are on this game (25 stars), but so far Super Mario Galaxy hasn't been that difficult. I agree with Contra, or ghosts n' goblins for the hardest games ever.

Mario Galaxy is no where near hard...grant it some of the later boss battles get a little intense ,but nothing that comes close to stuff like Maximo on PS2 ,and Ninja Gaiden Xbox

Contra 3 the Alien Wars is possibly the hardest platform game ever. (It is super annoying when you are shooting the crap out of everything and then you fall because you couldn't jump high enough.

Back