Hardware/firmware advice needed

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
I have my Wii working fine. Havent as yet opted to set it up on my wireless set up at home because to be honest I curentrly have no intentions of downloading games or using any of the other services...we want it as a games console first and foremost.

Not sure if I am missing out in terms of firmware updates. Is it neccessary. Are the firmware updates essential to keeping it all 'hunky dory'. Welcome any advice for you more knowledgeable ones out there :confused:

For us Americans, I don't think we have any updates as of yet, I could always be wrong, maybe my first update online was a upgrade, don't know.

you might want to connect too, since the updates include wii weather and what not, which may effect your game play depending on the weather in your area.... also nintendo says that they will use the wiiconnect24 to send out surprises to everyone :thumbsup:

Also it might be worth noting that the SD memory expansion slot won't work until you do a system update.

And just think of all those lovely Virtual Console games you are missing out on !

Back