Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hardware/firmware advice needed

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by lionman, Jan 12, 2007.

1. lionman

lionman WiiChat Member

I have my Wii working fine. Havent as yet opted to set it up on my wireless set up at home because to be honest I curentrly have no intentions of downloading games or using any of the other services...we want it as a games console first and foremost.

Not sure if I am missing out in terms of firmware updates. Is it neccessary. Are the firmware updates essential to keeping it all 'hunky dory'. Welcome any advice for you more knowledgeable ones out there :confused:

2. Canumbler

Canumbler WiiChat Member

You want to upgrade yes, adds a whole heap of memory management stuff at the very least that you'll want.

3. wiifreek

wiifreek WiiFreek

For us Americans, I don't think we have any updates as of yet, I could always be wrong, maybe my first update online was a upgrade, don't know.

4. Canumbler

Canumbler WiiChat Member

You'll notice when you do online updates for the first time it has two updates, the second one is "Wii System Software"

5. Clish

Clish PM me if you add my wii

Wii Friend Code: 8448-6260-2078-1629
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    you might want to connect too, since the updates include wii weather and what not, which may effect your game play depending on the weather in your area.... also nintendo says that they will use the wiiconnect24 to send out surprises to everyone :thumbsup:

6. Goots

Goots Wii noob

Also it might be worth noting that the SD memory expansion slot won't work until you do a system update.

And just think of all those lovely Virtual Console games you are missing out on !