Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix coming to Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
EA have announced that Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is currently in development for the Nintendo Wii and is expected for realese in July 2007.

Below is a snippet from their press release along with three character renders.

In Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community is in denial about the teenager’s recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort, preferring to turn a blind eye to the news that Voldemort has returned. Fearing that Hogwarts’ venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort’s return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge’s Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves “Dumbledore’s Army,” Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.

With the ability to play multiple characters, including Harry Potter, Dumbledore and Sirius Black, the videogame of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix offers fans the opportunity to wield a wand, explore all around Hogwarts, and experience one of the most exciting and dangerous years in the life of the Boy Who Lived.

Attachments

• hpoofpscrnukeng_ron.jpg
    hpoofpscrnukeng_ron.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 14,478
  • hpoofpscrnukeng_hermione.jpg
    hpoofpscrnukeng_hermione.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 7,520
  • hpoofpscrnukeng_harry.jpg
    hpoofpscrnukeng_harry.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 3,020
Poor Harry...you're so rich why have you had to have glasses drawn on in MS paint T_T. Maybe this HP game would be mildly interesting if they don't just rush it and tack on wand controls to tie in with the movie.

This is my favorite book in the series... I may have to check this out. Also: the graphics are pretty good. :thumbsup:

yeah ive had harry potter and the philosophers stone and the quidich game and both were pretty fun.

Spells will be really cool with the Wiimote, but I don't it's worth buying anyway.

Yet another extremely uninteresting game...Come on Nintendo, you promised all ages. Enough games for toddlers.

This game, as like most movie games, will have the depth of a blow up kiddy pool.

yup

MetroidZ said:
bound to happen, in their eyes wiimote = magic wand
That was my first thought.
if that happens this could easyly be a all time hit!!
better then the clumsy wand systems on xbox or ps2.
it would emerse series fans into the world of harry potter like never before.

kingjame

I never playe the last game becuse ive hated the controls seince like the second one...
but it dose look good, harrys neck looks a bit fat tho... lol

kingjames

Back