harry potter book to movie...

MysticGohan

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
pickering, Ontario Canada
Wii Online Code
2476-7789-3835-5591
man, i never knew the books were so differnt from the movie... i watched every movie except the newest one, i am listening to the first book and they skiped the who sceen where that harry's unkle goes :eek:ut: and goes and gets a boat in the storm to keep harry from getting the letter. is there more things they skyped in the movie?

Well it is a movie so they can't have every little detail in there and somethings can't be expressed in film and thus substitutaions or deletions have to be made. Read the Fourth book and you'll see how very very different the book is from the film.

They missed out the most in the fifth book, because it's the longest.
I actually get angry at the movies because they miss out so much good stuff.
But then I suppose it's impossible to cram everything in a 700 page book into a movie.
Still though, disappointing.

I didn't read the 5th one mainly because it was too long and I couldn't understand the concept. I was 10 at the time. But I heard that they did skip a lot of the book.

No this isn't about the 7th book
I just finished the 6th one :ciappa:

Ive read them all about a dozen times each so when I saw the movies I was quite dissapointed
At first It wsnt to important things but through the moves they just got bigger and bigger

Woah.. I never realized there was that much of a difference, I have been tempted to read to books just because everyone says their so good.

So I can either read them, which I haven't got much time for, or, I could get the audio books and put them on my ipod to listen too while I'm on the bus to places and such.. (I can't read books while I'm on the bus.. I get distracted too easily it just doesn't work)

Plus Stephen Fry does the audio books, which is an uber bonus ^_^

I agree, I read the fifth book just before watching the movie and there was a large difference. I don't mind to much, trying to turn a 700 page book into a 2.5 hour movie must not be the easiest job in the world. The books are great so I don't mind if they're long! :D

You should put a spoiler over that or something...

They missed out the OWLs, which, in my opinion, was one of the greatest parts about the fifth book.

Back