Harvest Moon: Magical melody ,Avice please?

XLaw

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2007
Latvia / Europe
Hey guys ,help me out decide please.
I'm looking for a new game to buy for my GC.
Should I get this Harvest moon? And is it the best one of them? (from the 3 Harvest moons)
If you don't recommend it ,could you recommend any other game?
I have FF Crystal Chronicles ,SSBM ,Zelda WW ,Zelda Ocarina of Time ,Zelda Majoras mask, naruto clash of ninja 2 , Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 (waiting for it to be delivered)

i think they should make a new harvest moon called harvest moon:in the past . where you play a slave.:O joking ofcourse and finally f*@k you ***** lol.

Last edited:
I rented this game awhile back and found it very.....
bad. I just get this feel from it that the development was rushed. The villagers don't even move around. They just stand there and look left and right. The crop system is okay but the ranching system is really broken.

I'm used to being let down by natsume but this was just awful.

Magical Melody was fun...for about five minutes.
It's not a BAD game, but it's too easy, and there isn't enough interaction with the NPC. It's just very disappointing.

Well I already have it received from USA. Actually I like it ,though it is hard to make cash and is made too damn hard at least at the start. I mean the Horse race festival comes fast and I'm suppost to have a horse already? I'm in day 28 and all I have is a few crops and just got the money to buy land ,don't have a barn ,chicken coops pretty much nothing.

XLaw said:
Well I already have it received from USA. Actually I like it ,though it is hard to make cash and is made too damn hard at least at the start. I mean the Horse race festival comes fast and I'm suppost to have a horse already? I'm in day 28 and all I have is a few crops and just got the money to buy land ,don't have a barn ,chicken coops pretty much nothing.

You don't need a horse your first year. Don't fret so much about it, and take as long as you need to get everything situated on your farm.

The festivals take place every year, so if you can't do it the first year, do it the next. As long as you attend each festival you should be fine. I would recommend growing whatever they ask you to donate for a festival and then donate it. If you don't the festival might not occur and you will not get people added into your town. Don't worry though! If you miss them the first time around you can always get them next year!

Work to save money to buy a chicken coop and then get some chickens. Chickens are preferred for a first animal because you can hatch more chickens and sell them in addition to collecting eggs. Cows are great as a second animal because they give you milk everyday.

If you're having issues with wood when building a fence, remember that you can take the wood posts lining the roads.

Well I have a coop 5 chickens ,a barn 1 cow ,horse and a sheep.
Now its Fall in the game. I need a fence? For what exactly? And do I build it at Woody? (Workshop)
feder said:
You don't need a horse your first year. Don't fret so much about it, and take as long as you need to get everything situated on your farm.

The festivals take place every year, so if you can't do it the first year, do it the next. As long as you attend each festival you should be fine. I would recommend growing whatever they ask you to donate for a festival and then donate it. If you don't the festival might not occur and you will not get people added into your town. Don't worry though! If you miss them the first time around you can always get them next year!

Work to save money to buy a chicken coop and then get some chickens. Chickens are preferred for a first animal because you can hatch more chickens and sell them in addition to collecting eggs. Cows are great as a second animal because they give you milk everyday.

If you're having issues with wood when building a fence, remember that you can take the wood posts lining the roads.

XLaw said:
Well I have a coop 5 chickens ,a barn 1 cow ,horse and a sheep.
Now its Fall in the game. I need a fence? For what exactly? And do I build it at Woody? (Workshop)

Your animals will be happier outside, thus giving more milk and whatnot. It just makes them like you better. That's good, especially for a horse since you can ride them once you get two or more hearts.

The fence is to keep predators out. I'm not sure if it's a necessity in MM, but it was in previous HM games so I just put one in just in case.

If you haven't figured this out already, here's a hint. Your animals are happier if you hand feed them instead of putting their feed in the trough. Basically you just face the animal and hit A (or whatever button you press to drop the food). You'll know if the animal's been fed by the color of his name changing to green? and by his happy moo/neigh/etc.

I'm not sure if you can do it with chickens, but I think you might be able to.

Back