Has Anyone Gotten "The Call"?

Ooze33

Oct 28, 2006
Free Country, USA
Wii Online Code
5563-5262-9999-5897
Yesterday night, when I came home from dinner, I had gotten a call from Gamestop about (since I pre-oredered it) Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the midnight opening. The creepy thing was the recording's voice. It was a woman with extreme haughtiness. Here's what the message said:

"Hellooooooooooo. This is Gamestop calling to tell you that Su[er Smash Bros. Brawl for the Nintendo Wii will be available tomorrow night at the midnight opening. Come at ten to join in the fun! (giggle)"

Has anyone else gotten a message like this?

Last edited:
I got a message from my EB Games, but it wasn't about a midnight release. Just calling to say my copy is ready.

Yes, I received the call from some automated voice. It basically just summarized that their having a midnight release and to join the tournament shortly after.

Not to mention they said:

"You can get Brawl for $9.99 when you trade in 2 decent Wii games."

Something along those lines.

:yikes: yea, i got 2 calls from gamestop, one telling me that my copy is ready for sunday morning and one about the midnight release. I think it was the same lady that called you Ooze33.

i'm afraid to leave the house for fear of missing this call :scared:

I dont think my ebgames will call me. they are all sooo lazy. I dont think Im going to get this call. the whole point of preordering is to get it on the first day, if you dont what the point, honestly.

even though i know the people behind the counter hate this, i was in teh mall so i just popped in and asked them what time they're getting brawl, so they crossed me off the list of people they have yet to call

speak of the devil, i just got the call!

funny, i thought it would be epic, like that call for galaxy...

great I'm still left out. I already knew i had to deal with snow up to my knees and now this. This is turning out to be one hell of a march break.

Yeah I got the call yesterday, apparently it was the same creepy woman.
I was hoping it would be Mario or someone cool doing it.

Yep, I got one exactly like this. And I don't have to sleep again until I get my hands on my copy. XD

manufan15

idk how many times i've said this, but FIX YOUR SIG. for some reason, it bugs the hell outta me.

it's "J'ai mange tes enfants hier soir."

yea i got the call around 7 last night. when i heard the msg i was like wtf tho saying gamestop since i got the game at EB.

Back