Has anyone seen the prices on ebay for wii?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
The prices on ebay are insane. yesterday they had more wii's but tons of have been sold.. The prices are insane. People have/ had bids for 400 and for the original deal nothing extra.. I cant wait until i preorder mine online from ebgames.

Wiitime said:
The prices on ebay are insane. yesterday they had more wii's but tons of have been sold.. The prices are insane. People have/ had bids for 400 and for the original deal nothing extra.. I cant wait until i preorder mine online from ebgames.
Some are 500$ ive even seen one 600$...lol nah sorry id rather wait for launch and risk not having one then pay 450$ more for a wii

same. and i rather get it from eb or amazon instead of ebay.. I will either preorder online from ebgames, which i hope is soon or pray i can get one on launch from best buy if i am there intime.. Otherwise i dont know what i would do next to get one.

I think ebay are starting to remove auctions for the wii and ps3, its a bit crazy people are bidding on items that the seller doesnt physically have nor can guarantee 100% when they will.

Thats probably why yesterday they had 300+ auctions and they dont have that much know..

i0n said:
I think ebay are starting to remove auctions for the wii and ps3, its a bit crazy people are bidding on items that the seller doesnt physically have nor can guarantee 100% when they will.

They are doing the same as last year with the 360. You can put the auction up 30 days prior to the release date. We aren't quite at that point yet, so that's why they are getting removed. Once the end of this week hits, you should be noticing both systems go up for auction a lot more.

Thats So True iOn...whats wierd is that the ppl bidding don't realized taht they might still not get the wii...lol...its stupid really...

Yea. I wouldnt pay an exttra 200 for the oringal deal when i can get it for 250..

People are nuts, and I plan to take full advantage of that. I was #1 in line for a PS3 and I don't intend to keep it :wink:

There has been far too much hysteria over launches of late. Especially in the case of the wii as it can be manufactured pretty quickly. Im pretty sure that within one, maybe two weeks most people who wanted one at launch will have one. Its a bit sucky if you wanted one at launch but thats life deal with it, all of us have missed out on consoles at launch due to numbers, this isnt a new thing.

Paying 200 pounds / dollars / quattros more than retail is just bloody stupid and causes more preorders to go because of wankers seeing they can make a quick buck out of people on ebay.

rant over - ah thats better :D

MetroidZ said:
hehehe.. nice one. i'll try to avoid ebay if i was you, they could just simply cancel pples bids.

Well I'm going to chance it. I'm a 100% seller and buyer on their and I'm also verified w/ Ebay and Paypal. I'm pretty much ready to list it there. I don't intend to take less than $1600 for it :). If that doesn't go well, then I'll settle for less.

Many people's hopes and dreams of getting rich quick by the PS3 or Wii are getting hit by reality thanks to Ebay killing a lot of the auctions, even if they do fit the pre-order limit of 30 days or less before release.

If you do a search on completed auctions through Ebay on the PS3, you'll notice that after seeing over hundreds listed, very few of them ended successfully. Even if they do, a lot of seller's accounts are being deactivated after the auction is over, when Ebay catches up to them, which will also defunct the auction.

That doesn't even include all the auctions that ended thanks to fraud bidders, who will never fork over a cent to the sellers.

I'm going to personally laugh when those who got their money for the auctions, get shorted their PS3 come launch date and have nothing to ship.

Back