Has Nintendo Forgotten?

Pikachu256

KryKidd
Jun 21, 2007
Avondale, Arizona
Hello Fellow Gamers, This is just a discussion thread, but I would like to ask you has Nintendo Forgotten the people who helped them to achieve their success?
Right now I think Nintendo at a great spot in the gaming industry, but so far they have been making games that we don't expect. Like Super Smash Bros Brawl, after that comes out what other games do we expect? They are making more of a family mini-game than the games that people want to see. Whats the Future of Nintendo some Action games and Mostly family games?

In Conclusion, Do you think that Nintendo has let you down? Whats future in Nintendo lies after SSBB (Except family games)?

i bet they'll make a game that nintendo will be famous for (besides ssbb) like how the 360 has halo and gears. They'll make some great online multiplayer shooter

yea metal of honor heroes 2 will probobly be the great multiplayer shooter to look for and maybe mario and sonic at the olympics will be the game they get famous for

yeah moh heroes 2 will be dominate. if they make more games like that, wii will have the best games

It seems like the boys at Nintendo are bullheaded at times. But eh, I've been happy with the Wii so far.

It's better to have a handfull of awesome games than a bag full of crap, you know?

F-zero wii! pikmen wii! star fox wii! who knows.

nintendo is pumping out 'hardcore-ish' games like strikers, MP3, and soon bwii, galaxy, fire emblem, ssbb pretty fast.

they are marketing the system for 'casual' gamers but they have not forgotten us. most of the games comming out do target a gamer audiance.

Mario Kart Wii
WiiFit

Other new surprises down the road, we have it pretty good.

Don't you guys think you will get bored with Wii Fit in about a month?
and Nintendo is being too secure with their online, but if the Sept. Surprise takes on a Headset + Mic, I will admit that I am wrong with Nintendo Online, We'll see how SSBB goes. I haven't really seen anyone HYPED up about Wii Fit but a lot of people are HYPED up about SSBB.

Pikachu256 said:
Don't you guys think you will get bored with Wii Fit in about a month?
and Nintendo is being too secure with their online, but if the Sept. Surprise takes on a Headset + Mic, I will admit that I am wrong with Nintendo Online, We'll see how SSBB goes. I haven't really seen anyone HYPED up about Wii Fit but a lot of people are HYPED up about SSBB.
yeah that be one of those casual games which most gamers have no interest in ^_^

Actually, I don't really think that they have.

The people who gave them their success are in their 30's and 40's most probably.

So Nintendo is designing older-people-friendly games.

Neither of my parents can go and play Zelda TP (Or any Zelda since A Link to the Past), but do enjoy a good game of Wii bowling.

And I think they have every right ;x
With what, most people abandoning the gamecube and going to other means of sources.

Still, the people who grew up with the NES, SNES, and N64. They probably got a gamecube if any of the consoles.

So, no. I don't think Nintendo has forgotten the people who've given them success.

Otherwise, this is another, "I want Xbox/Playstation-type games" thread.

Trulen said:
Actually, I don't really think that they have.

The people who gave them their success are in their 30's and 40's most probably.

So Nintendo is designing older-people-friendly games.

Neither of my parents can go and play Zelda TP (Or any Zelda since A Link to the Past), but do enjoy a good game of Wii bowling.

And I think they have every right ;x
With what, most people abandoning the gamecube and going to other means of sources.

Still, the people who grew up with the NES, SNES, and N64. They probably got a gamecube if any of the consoles.

So, no. I don't think Nintendo has forgotten the people who've given them success.

Otherwise, this is another, "I want Xbox/Playstation-type games" thread.

Yeah and no to mention the Virtual Console which allows those older gamers to play the stuff in their glory days. Unless that was what you were getting at.

I think Nintendo Has Sadly forgotten... or maybe......

Pikachu256 said:
Hello Fellow Gamers, This is just a discussion thread, but I would like to ask you has Nintendo Forgotten the people who helped them to achieve their success?
Right now I think Nintendo at a great spot in the gaming industry, but so far they have been making games that we don't expect. Like Super Smash Bros Brawl, after that comes out what other games do we expect? They are making more of a family mini-game than the games that people want to see. Whats the Future of Nintendo some Action games and Mostly family games?

In Conclusion, Do you think that Nintendo has let you down? Whats future in Nintendo lies after SSBB (Except family games)?

I think nintendo needs to remember the roots of gamers because their gonna lose some people that sticked with them since the NES or GCN because of all the family oriented games. they really and i mean REALLY have to stop with the friendcode system its so annoying trying to get online with friends. even (i hate to say it) PSN is doing better than WFC if Nintendo really cares about their gamers who helped them then

1) get rid of the crappy friend codes
2) follow the example that Live and (sadly) the PSN network and ditch Wi-fi
3) start making games that are too short and make a normal sized game.

now im no microsoft or sony fanboy or nintendo fanboy. I just think that when its the appropiate time to point the mistakes from consoles i just do it. i like nintendo and all but the friend code system is annoying. (btw i dont have a wii ill be getting one soon)

MRCOOLGH said:
I think nintendo needs to remember the roots of gamers because their gonna lose some people that sticked with them since the NES or GCN because of all the family oriented games. they really and i mean REALLY have to stop with the friendcode system its so annoying trying to get online with friends. even (i hate to say it) PSN is doing better than WFC if Nintendo really cares about their gamers who helped them then

1) get rid of the crappy friend codes
2) follow the example that Live and (sadly) the PSN network and ditch Wi-fi
3) start making games that are too short and make a normal sized game.

now im no microsoft or sony fanboy or nintendo fanboy. I just think that when its the appropiate time to point the mistakes from consoles i just do it. i like nintendo and all but the friend code system is annoying. (btw i dont have a wii ill be getting one soon)
1. FC's are perfectly fine. What's the difference between having to enter a FC and a username? You only have to enter it once and its done.
2. Oh boo, hoo. Buy yourself an XB. Personally, I would rather play SSBB with shitty online than Halo 3 with god-like online.
3. This doesn't even make sense. You want them to make shorter games?

lol i think he ment make a longer ''real'' game. and wi-fi is probably the best internet. why the hell would you want to pay 60 dollars per year for internet when you already have it?!

All I can say is don't throw a hissy fit just yet. The Wii has only been out for about a year so it's hard to say if Nintendo has abandoned their core fanbase. I would start to complain later on if we get releases like Warioware anthology and Wii versions of classic board games. If that's the case, then Nintendo should sell of their franchises to someone who would make better use of them.

Back