Has the bloody "hardcore" revolution begun??

Caliko

I am Casual
Jan 17, 2008
Wii Online Code
2064-8110-4406-4869
Keep in mind hardcore games can mean many things, in this post I talk about games with violence and gore. Personally I'm more of a casual gamer. Blood and gore don't impress me. But everyone else seems to care so here you go...

February 3rd 2009: The day the Wii got its HARDCORE

On this date Tenchu Shadow Assassins was released with Good reviews. IGN.com gives it a solid 8.0 all around. This is a good score considering IGN loves to give Wii a hard time in the reviews department.

In coincidence with the release of Tenchu(Feb. 3rd) EA admits they can no longer ignore the Wiis install base and said they'd produce half of its upcoming console games for Wii and announce Dead Space Wii. (chalk another "hardcore" for the Wii).

In February, 3 hardcore exclusives(EXCLUSIVES!!) will be released for the Wii. Tenchu Shadow Assassins, Deadly Creatures and House of the Dead Overkill.

This is February, this is hardcore, this is just the beginning.

Madworld, The Conduit, Dead Space, Cursed Mountain, No More Heroes 2...

... Winter? Timesplitters 4? Red Faction B.E.A.S.T?

Last edited:
Cool I'm glad these games are coming out! It's about time the wii gets some hardcore gory sh!@! Don't forget Dead Rising, I'm buying that game too. There is rumors for manhunt 3 also. Killing on the wii is fun, play Godfather and you will know what i mean!

Hardcore gamers
Soft core gamers
Casual gamers
People that only recently started playing due to that bloody guitar game (It can turn out bloody if somebody picks Tokio hotel/Linken park)

WHO GIVES A SMEG !?

As long as theres good that console only games out on the console its a good console

EA developed and good games should not really be spoken in the sentence

Don't forget Dead Rising,
1218879510139qk6.gif

I think the Wii port of that game is best forgotten

Hardcore gamers
Soft core gamers
Casual gamers
People that only recently started playing due to that bloody guitar game (It can turn out bloody if somebody picks Tokio hotel/Linken park)

WHO GIVES A SMEG !?

As long as theres good that console only games out on the console its a good console

1218879510139qk6.gif

I care. Yes I like casual games etc. But I would like to see M rated games on the wii too. EA makes good games. If you don't like ea thats your problem.

Hardcore gamers
Soft core gamers
Casual gamers

WHO GIVES A SMEG !?

1218879510139qk6.gif

So what if its a port. Dead Rising is a good game. I don't care what console its for fanboy. Yea, there is less zombies, but so what! What games do you like? Do you even have a wii?

We'll have to wait and see about Dead Rising. It could be better, it could be a lot worse only time will tell.

The point of this thread is to address that times are changing for the Wii. We are seeing more and more Hardcore games announced and more publishers admit that Hardcore games can be done on Wii.

The good thing is, not only do we have some amazing casual games(Let's Tap! Wii Sports Resort) being released but also a good amount of M-Rated content. And that's good news for both the oblivious casual and the casual-hating-hardcore.

When did M/18 rated games = Hardcore games ?
Dont remember most of Treasures stuff baring the old 18+ logo ?
Nor many of the other games that people call "Hardcore"
(and Sin and punishment 2 to that list NOAW)
I care. Yes I like casual games etc. But I would like to see M rated games on the wii too. EA makes good games. If you don't like ea thats your problem.
The last few "good" games that EA have put there logo on have not been made by EA

Do you even have a wii
Me
A console fan boy ?
*Looks at set up*
Wow I must be a PS2/Saturn/360/Binatone/DS/Game gear/Dreamcast/Neo geo poket/N64/Jaguar/Megadrive/CD/xbox fan boy(Wii is at my sisters till Tenchu/Sin and punishment 2 comes out)(The rest are in the cuboard)
So I must hate my self for liking the oppositions console
So what if its a port. Dead Rising is a good game. I don't care what console its for. Yea, there is less zombies, but so what!
I dont care that its a port
I care that its got less zomibes
Play the 360 version and see what made it good
It wasnt that there was a massive empty space
It was that there was a massive space full of zombies to be killed
(That and the bossies)
What games do you like?
Do I have to list the games I like ?
How long do you have ?
Do I have to name the systems ive got them on as well ?
Or can I just name the games I like on one system ?

Last edited:
Easy, read the first paragraph on the first post. Or just read the thread title.
You seem to forget

There are Brits on this site and to us the word "Bloody" can be used as a lower form of the "F" word
Perhaps the term "Gore" would be better used

Still not all of us are blood obsessed kids
Some of use like substance to a game rather than limbs flying every where

You seem to forget

There are Brits on this site and to us the word "Bloody" can be used as a lower form of the "F" word
Perhaps the term "Gore" would be better used

Good point. Unfortunately the site does not allow me to edit the thread tittle.

Still not all of us are blood obsessed kids
Some of use like substance to a game rather than limbs flying every where

But this thread is about violent hardcore games.

violent hardcore games.

Most games are violent

Ever played pong ?
The "Bleep" is in actual fact screams of pain as the players get hit with the square balls sharp edges

"Hardcore games" are not just violent games with mature content....Zelda is hardcore...but casual is like a Cooking School, Walk the dog, Get in Shape with......, American Idol......see these games are casual because they are for the non gamer crowd

what I want to see is

Street Fighter 4
Afro Samurai (camera improved for Wii)
Mirror's Edge

etc.......you know just more and more games!!!!!!!..........not just a Wii exclusive I had enough of that in my Gamecube days

Last edited:
The word casual is being used to replaced the word mainstream. And the word Hardcore is replacing mainstream.

Last edited:
When did M/18 rated games = Hardcore games ?
Dont remember most of Treasures stuff baring the old 18+ logo ?
Nor many of the other games that people call "Hardcore"
(and Sin and punishment 2 to that list NOAW)
The last few "good" games that EA have put there logo on have not been made by EA

Me
A console fan boy ?
*Looks at set up*
Wow I must be a PS2/Saturn/360/Binatone/DS/Game gear/Dreamcast/Neo geo poket/N64/Jaguar/Megadrive/CD/xbox fan boy(Wii is at my sisters till Tenchu/Sin and punishment 2 comes out)(The rest are in the cuboard)
So I must hate my self for liking the oppositions console

I dont care that its a port
I care that its got less zomibes
Play the 360 version and see what made it good
It wasnt that there was a massive empty space
It was that there was a massive space full of zombies to be killed
(That and the bossies)
Do I have to list the games I like ?
How long do you have ?
Do I have to name the systems ive got them on as well ?
Or can I just name the games I like on one system ?

I played the 360 version, and yes it was really good. I loved every minute of that game. It was the most challenging game I beat in a long time. and about the zombies, really who cares. Most of the zombies in Dead rising (360 version) didn't even do anything. You can walk past them with no problem. I hated the words on the 360 version because they were too damn small to read. I don't know if the wii version will be better, but I do know it will be fun to play! you can brag about them consoles all you want lol i could care less. the only good consoles you mentioned was the n64 and 360. sega is dead and the original xbox was lame. anyways back to the topic. Those games look great coming out!

and about the zombies, really who cares
I think you will find thats every bodys major concern with the game
I hated the words on the 360 version because they were too damn small to read.
Play it in HD
The words become clear
you can brag about them consoles all you want lol i could care less
So you do care about what I own ?
the only good consoles you mentioned was the n64 and 360. sega is dead and the original xbox was lame. anyways back to the topic. Those games look great coming out!
1218879510139qk6.gif

You sound like you dont know what your talking about

Consoles are just a self filler with out games
Try playing some games on them

Back