Has the Wii be downgraded becuase it has no online games?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
So as of right now there is over 10 games that could be online.
1) DBZ
2) Wii SPorts
3) Call of Duty 3
4) Bleach (japan)
5) Far Cry
6) Excite Truck
7) Need for Speed
8) Red Steel
9) World Series of Poker
10) Tony Hawk

So why is there no option for online???
Even if they weren't ready for online they could still have the option so in 07 you could play online.

So is this (besides Graphic's) the worst part of the Wii is that you have all these multiplayer games but no online??? Or even LAN???

There are currently no online-enabled Wii games because the game developers will not receive the online libraries 'til 2007, which by the way is like a week away. It is possible that some of the games listed above could have hidden online multiplayer options that could be unlocked by a system update, though I doubt that will happen. Soon enough there will be sequels to these games that most likely will have online play. Remember the original Xbox (not the Xbox 360) started out with games that had no online play and look how far they've gone with Xbox Live! Just wait a week and we'll start hearing of different online games coming up.

I'd say the place Wii has been downgraded is in the Wii Channels and WiiConnect24. The Wii Channels we were promised were late and all of them that require internet access are slow; Shop Channel takes forever, Weather channel takes too long (and is somewhat wrong in it's forecasts), the Internet Channel is somewhat slow starting up and it crashes and doesn't support sites like YouTube, and we still don't have the News channel.:mad: Also, it must be said that all the channels are not controlled similarly, meaning some have scroll bars while others use the wiimote's motion and instead of setting some standards like "-" button = back, "+" button = forward, d-pad = scrolling, each is different! My beef with WiiConnect24 is that it really doesn't seem like Wii is connected at all, except when receiving notes that a certain channel is available. Nintendo said you wouldn't even know when a system update was needed, that it would be downloaded when Wii was in sleep mode and then it would be ready when the user started up their system. Seriously Xbox Live is more like WiiConnect24 than WiiConnect24 is.

The only other place Wii got short-changed would be...in the sensor bar. Nintendo should have made it wireless-capable. What I mean by "wireless-capable" is that it would have a retractable wire and batteries inside. This way you could use the Wii to charge the sensor bar and then just press a button and the sensorbar's wire would be retracted into itself and you could easily take it over to a friend's house. Don't tell that wouldn't be cool.

Alright, rant over. I bet Nintendo is working on most of these problems as I type.:D

Last edited:
Yep.. i'm pretty sure in a bit we will have tons of wii games that go online... That's why they made the wifi for the wii

Creater of this post...

Please give it time. It took like 2 years maybe 1 for the PS2 to become Online. Nintendo have barley had Online Games (If any) so give them some time to develop it. Like the post 2 up from this. Xbox took time so shut up and play Zelda and Red Steel until then!

Yes even though I have to admit I'm disappointed about the online play, things are looking up. SSBB will probably jump start the Wii's online gaming.

the nes,snes,sega genesis,nintendo64,playstation,neo geo,gameboy,gba,sega saturn,what does all this systems have in common?

no online games,exept for a couple sega saturn games and a couple genesis/snes games and i think the nes had one in japan.

and there are lots of AAA offline games that are AAA.so whats the big deal?

trend?

But by this time if you dont have a LAN on your system it shows your behind. Wii sports would be a great multiplayer game and make people that say "your get bored of in a couple of months" quite down.
Plus I want online games since I've played the XBox live games I wanted the Gamecube to have online. If you can have a Browser, shop and forcast channel online you can a couple of games online.

NateTheGreat said:
the Internet Channel is somewhat slow starting up and it crashes and doesn't support sites like YouTube
dude you are soooooo wrong right here, i dont know wuts up with your wii but MY wii plays youtube im on it right now matter of fact and my internet hasent crashed your trippin man alot of the other stuff you said may be true but your wrong right here guy. yea sumtimes, but not all the time does the wii take a long time to load up a few of the channels but cut nintendo a break they barely been out a month they will get there **** together.and online will be here your all a bunch of no patiant batards.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure these games will go online next year and for free, it's amazing how you get so much more for the wii then you do for ps3 for so much less! :p

i agree with the post above... i like how nintendo is all hands on interactive with the player it makes the gaming experience more real and its way cheaper than ps3.. and to add to that im not sure but can ps3 go on the internet and surf the web like myspace facebook google and any other site u want..im pretty sure it cant do that...ps3 is a waste of money unless u like good graphics..cuz ive played it i must say the graphics are good..i bet in two months or less nintendo will have the ball rolling on alot of things especially online play and i agree SSBB will prolly start it all off and i cant wait.

Back