Has the Wii U’s Release Date Been Revealed?

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-pictures-picture8672-wii-u-2.jpg

MCV reports today that according to Wii U Daily, Japanese retailer Media Land may have inadvertently revealed the release date of the Wii U. Apparently Media Land sent an email round to its employees in Japan stating that Nintendo’s new console will be launched on November 18 in North America. This would be the first time any specific release date has been mentioned for the new console, which is expected to be showcased by Nintendo at E3 in Los Angeles this June for release sometime in 2012. As MCV notes, if the Wii U was to be released on November 18 in North America, that would be consistent with the release of the Wii, which arrived on November 19, 2006, which rather unusually was a Sunday, as well as being one week ahead of the console’s launch in Japan. As you might expect, Nintendo has made no comment on this latest rumoured release date.

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/rumor-wii-u-release-date

Whether this is a real release date or not, we're definitely getting to the point where placeholder release dates for retailers are turning into the actual releases... This is around the holiday season too, so I wouldn't be surprised if this date ended up being legit.

PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE!! Let it be real *prays* I want to pre-order my Wii-U already <3
Think ahead GUYS!! For the Future Wii-U games to come!!

@weavile001 I don't care what the price on the Wii-U is gonna be since I'm assuming its gonna be $350-400 whatever the case maybe I'm buying it.
I'm excited because its a new, nice, updated, next-gen console and whats even better is that it's a Nintendo console! ;D

Yes I am a straight up Nintendo gamer/fan sue me.

Back