Have Any of You Re-Bought Any Games?

Koops23

WiiChat Member
Apr 7, 2007
What I mean is, have you bought any games on the VC that you have on the original system? I've got a few, since my NES is nearly broken and my N64 controllers are worn out. Plus I have an easy way to play old games that I loved instead of trying to hook up each individual console.

The NES games especially play better. You don't have to blow into the game to make it work. The controllers are easier on the thumbs, and it does feel slightly better overall with the save state feature. Exit to main menu by hitting the home button, come back to continue where you left off.

Yeah, one of the reasons I got the Wii was to have a digital N64, and to get a gamecube without getting a real gamecube, and for the new Wii games, but mostly for the N64 games (being that I own and love the N64), and since I got it for N64 games without the cartridge, I would have to redownload my games anyway

Seeing as I never owned a NES, SNES, N64 or TG16, and most of the games I owned for the Mega Drive are on the Sonic Mega Collection and Sega Mega Drive Collection, almost every game I can buy on the VC is new to me. I downloaded Streets of Rage though, and I do intend to get Zombies Ate My Neighbours when that comes out.

if i already got games id rather keep them on the console their from, the only reason im using vc is for games i dont have

Sold all my old consoles in order to have everything at the fingertips with the point and click of a Wiimote. The ease of use is fantastic, and the older games play with no problems as opposed to the old NES acting up all the time.

Napalmbrain said:
I do intend to get Zombies Ate My Neighbours when that comes out.

Top choice! It shouldn't disappoint.....

As for my own re-purchasing from the VC... SMW, SM64 and Sonic are the only 3 so far. Although Zombies Ate My Neighbours and Secret of Mana are on my must buy list and I still have them clean and boxed, although in the loft now.

sagema said:
The NES games especially play better. You don't have to blow into the game to make it work. The controllers are easier on the thumbs, and it does feel slightly better overall with the save state feature. Exit to main menu by hitting the home button, come back to continue where you left off.

I still do that to this day. I have American Gladiators that I got for NES on ebay and that I have to blow into. I remember when I was younger blowing to the point where I almost passed out!

Even though I have a few different versions of Ocarina of Time (including the GC special Wind Waker reserve thing), I still want to download it. It brings back so many memories. I remember being completely blown away with this game when I was little. The same with Mario Kart 64. I played that to death when I was younger. I really want these for nostalgic value, even though I already own them.

I have its really easy to click the channel than go dig through a box to find the right system, go to another box and find the right game. Most of the time its not in the box I chose so it gets tireing to search for it.

Just Gunstar heros

Twas my first

Speaking of Gunstar Heroes it's the next game I'm going to get when I get some cards.

NEVER!

I choose NOT to buy ANY NES, Super NES, N64 OR Genesis/Megadrive games for my Virtual Console.

Why?

Because I have my REAL NES, Super NES, N64 and Genesis/Megadrive

Back