Have I got to worry about E-bay?

wampa

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2007
Loads of games I want here in the UK, is there anything I have got to watch out for?

I can get used Zelda for £20 or brand new Mario Charged Strikers Football PAL for £21. All say Factory Sealed/used, with sensible postage ie (£1.98)Ie Not HONG KONG.

DO I risk it?

Perhaps you guys should have a swap/sell section!

I bought pokemon emerald off ebay and it turns out it was fake and it was a usa version lol after i finished it, it wouldnt save so i resetted and now I can't use pal park with it!, maybe gba games are easier to copy though. I dunno though, because of that I will never buy a game off there. But make sure you check the feedback, and if it's an actual online store on ebay google the name. Also check if they're a power seller, generally means you can trust them more IMO.

haz is right.

i trust ebay and ive never had any problems with the site. however, sometimes the buyer feedback can be a bit bogus. sometimes they have people just sign up and add stuff without even having the product or selling it. wtvr the case may be. also check to see how long theyve been a member for. usually i buy from "power memebers" only.

Thanks I just launches it last week. Got tired of surfing around trying to find the cheapest games so I wrote a program to do it and built a site around it.

Thanks.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
haz is right.

i trust ebay and ive never had any problems with the site. however, sometimes the buyer feedback can be a bit bogus. sometimes they have people just sign up and add stuff without even having the product or selling it. wtvr the case may be. also check to see how long theyve been a member for. usually i buy from "power memebers" only.

power members is the way to go if ur gunna buy off ebay if u r unsure about the site...those u can trust for sure!

I have never trusted eBay, a.k.a Scam-Central, and try to avoid purchasing from there as much as possible. But thats just my opinion though.

Last edited:
DONT trust ebay

i woul never trust ebay anymore. i bought an ipod and then when it came in it was a fake ipod with a bigger screen. it had the real case but on the back of the fake ipod it said mp4 and the features are not the same. after that i dont even look at stuff on ebay.:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

Yeah, some people haven't got much faith in strangers in this way (couple of my friends don't think signing up to eBay is a good thing) though, I use it all the time, and over the past 4 years of constant using, I've had 1 problem. Just make sure you check everything first.

1. Check their feedback score and percentage.
If they're feedback score is about 20 or lower, and they have a low percentage, then avoid.
Someone might have a percentage that could seem low to you, but have sold loads since last getting Negative Feedback, I usually only 'trust' people with 90+%
2. Check feedback comments.
Just because someone has got 100% feedback doesn't mean a thing, you could check the comments and people have said that the 'items good, yet its obviously fake'
3. Check their join date
If they've joined recently and got no feedback score or anything, you have to be careful, as you can't tell whether they're trustworthy or not
4. Check the Write-up of the listing
Make sure there's no part of the write up that says
'THIS IS NOT FOR THE ITEM, THIS IS FOR A LINK ON HOW TO GET THE ITEM'
which is usually in small font.
5. Check P&P and Insurance Costs
Be careful, sometimes they're are items for 99p, so you think QUICKLY BID, but then they've put the P&P at like £40.00, and then you're screwed (happen to my Uncle)

Have fun, and happy bidding.

Last edited:
Back