Have you ever noticed that Gamecube game music get worse over time

wiifan123

WiiChat Member
Apr 16, 2007
Like the title of this thread says if you listen closely to the music from a scratched up gamecube disc the music is slightly worse and sometimes on some games the music gets so bad you don't even have to try to listen. Thankfully the Wii fixs this problem.

....r u positive? Ive never had this problem...but then again I have a lot of respect for my belongings...so my games dont really get scratched from me.

That is definitely possible. I've only noticed music that cuts in and out from games that make your system practically sweat like Morrowind does to the Xbox.

Never noticed this, but scratched games don't (usually) go in my consoles. Somehow WiiSports got scratched up, but probably because of that sleeve it came in. Played it the other day for some bowling, but it just no longer has it's appeal. The moral of the story is:watch out playing scratched discs, they can really mess up your consoles! But yea, this whole thing with the music seems like an obvious immediate sign of future console sickness caused by scratched discs.

Last edited:
The only thing a scratched disk will do to your console is wear down your disk drive. The laser has to move more when a disk is skipping.

Back