having a problem w/first update

bob_digga

W3rd
May 7, 2007
NY
Wii Online Code
1450-8712-3893-8596
i am using a linksys g broadband router model wrt54g. the wii seems to pick it up just fine, but i am having a problem with the initial wii system update. it has taken at least 4 hours for the update to get to 98%, where is just sits there and has refused to move for the last hour [at least].

is there a resume feature on the system update? its about time for me to go to sleep. if need be, id like to turn the wii off and try again tomorrow, but i am so close to finishing the update as of right now.

what should i do?

:mad2:

Hey and welcome to WiiChat.
I experienced a similar, although not quite as severe of a problem. When I completed my first update, it took me about an hour to complete the update, at first I thought my Wii froze, but everything will still responsive (ie. Wiimote cursor still moved around, etc.). If at all possible, just leave your Wii on until you wake up tomorrow morning if it's not possible for you to wait. I don't think you'll need to worry about it overheating since when the Wii is in the ON status, the fans are on and help cool the system down.

i restarted it and it worked fine. thanks for the help. appreciate.

Back