Having trouble playing SSBB online T_T

narutoball

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2008
Having trouble playing online with brawl. My jap wii seesm to connect to my internet fine and updates pretty fast. but when i go to connect on wifi with brawl it will connect quickly but when it tries to find people it won't..ever. Then i get the error code 86420. I've looked around and i herad its a firewall problem. But mario strikers works fine and so does jump ultimate stars on my DS :shocked: So i tuirned my computers firewall off and tried and nothing. I tried to then access my routers page via IE or Firefox (when you put the defualt gateway of Ip address in) but it will never load the page and i can never get to the settings to turn the firewall off

please someone help T_T this is getting soooo frustrating and i feel like i'm going to rip my hair out.

thanks

If you're in the US and trying to connect when the vast majority of SSBB players are in Japan, there are probably going to be latency problems with connections, etc, especially if you aren't on a super-fast connection. The fact that your other games (games that have been released in North America and thus have much more players in NA) work fine online suggests this as well. Obviously it's not a firewall problem if you can play Strikers online using the same thing.

Yeah that happens when you can't find anybody online. I guess it does that to keep you from waiting longer.

Last edited:
AutumnWind said:
If you're in the US and trying to connect when the vast majority of SSBB players are in Japan, there are probably going to be latency problems with connections, etc, especially if you aren't on a super-fast connection. The fact that your other games (games that have been released in North America and thus have much more players in NA) work fine online suggests this as well. Obviously it's not a firewall problem if you can play Strikers online using the same thing.

Quoted for truth.

Back