HD component question

cadensdad

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2007
I just bought a wii and the component cables for HD. The problem is when I hook it up to my HD projector through my reciever the picture actually looks better on the standar tv setting as apposed to the Hd setting. The picture looks very choppy on hd setting. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

There are many posts on this. You should look for a few of them on this board. The Wii is not capable of HD, that's why it looks the way it does, especially on a projector.

As I understand it, the Wii outputs to 480p... HD is 720p.

I don't however, seem to have any problems with my 15" LCD 720p HDTV, except with GameCube games which come out looking a bit too sharp (no anti-aliasing).

Personally, you don't need the cables.
Most games look fine without them.

cadensdad said:
I just bought a wii and the component cables for HD. The problem is when I hook it up to my HD projector through my reciever the picture actually looks better on the standar tv setting as apposed to the Hd setting. The picture looks very choppy on hd setting. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.
Most HDTV's have SDTV filters to make the picture look good, so it is best to take advantage of them. As spcmanspif said, the Wii is not HD, but composite cables WILL give you the best non HD picture possible, and at least I can see a difference between them. (On my TV at least.)

Each TV is going to give a different experience depending on it's display characteristics and what is delivering the display. It is just something everyone is going to have to experiment with to find the best display that suits them and there setup.

Back