HD ever possible?

mk_south_london

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom*
Jan 3, 2007
uk
Wii Online Code
7195-7874-4951-1917
Right now in this scenario of the wii is there any possible method of adding HD?

Like an external thingy? Or even a graphics card that u can just replace?

Chances are, no. If you want a better signal just buy component cables.

People with good quality television sets aren't worried about 480P. Any progressive signal looks great with a good TV. Still, I think Nintendo are hiding 576P ... in theory Wii should be capable of this. Chances are we might get it in a firmware update for when the "DVD Wii" is released.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii
http://nintendo.com/
http://wii.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sarcasm

Edit 1: Spelling and grammar corrections.
Edit 2: Too many people are getting mislead with my post.

Last edited:
I really wish DVD Wii can do progressive output, 3:2 pulldown and all that stuff. But I really don't think it will happen.

I haven't seen the inner workings of the wii, but chances are the video card is soldered to the board, not in a PCI/PCI-E slot, so yeaaaahh there's no replacing it with a PC card. LOLZ.

HD is the future

Nfanboy said:
HD is SOOOOO overrated.
I have seen BluRay DVD playing on 50+" HDTV screen using 1080P, it will blow away your analog TV with SD DVD movies. If you haven't seen it, go to BestBuy and see for yourself.

You nintendo fanboys make me laugh. Acting like graphics don't matter. Gameplay is important, but when (6 months after release) only 1 game on the Wii is even worth a shite there is a problem. Games like Red steel, that were touted as having great controls are supposed to be system sellers. But instead the controls sucked, was filled with tons of kiddie swear words to seem "adult", and looked like the bastard child on a very bad N64 shooter. When a game looks like crap, it takes the absolute BEST gameplay and controls to make it worth playing.

Developers haven't figured out good controls for the Wii yet, but it would be nice to have had decent graphics at least.

The Wii is severly lacking in decent games. We all knew that the graphics were going to be crap, but we expected other things to be supplanting that, and we were wrong. (me included because i have a wii and am extremely dissappointed with it)

The Wii has nothing but kiddie games, kiddie graphics, innovative controls, not necessarily better though (and when you step back and look at it, you really wouldn't have a problem if the controls were like they were for previous titles of the same lame ports the Wii is getting). And seeing that this forum is filled with nothing but 16 year olds. I hoped for so much more from the wii and we haven't gotten it.

Spiritshotgun said:
but its true.

PC= great graphics and gameplay.

Console should = FUN.
Are you considering, $50 "games" filled with nothing but novelty mini-games and zero replay value fun??

What about craptastic ports??

what about a certain system selling cartoon fighting game that still has no definitive release date???

Or a system that touts itself as being all about Multiplayer (even names itself after the plural of multiple persons) not having online?

Last edited:
You sound like a 360/PS3 fanboy. Those make me laugh.

There's good and bad about EVERY system, get over it. Systems don't need to be powerful and cost 458972034857232523 dollars. you can easily upgrade your PC and play some damn good graphical games.

consoles= fun
PC= graphics.

Are you considering, $50 "games" filled with nothing but novelty mini-games and zero replay value fun??

What about craptastic ports??

what about a certain system selling cartoon fighting game that still has no definitive release date???

use your brain. PC games cost 50 dollars as well. weeeeee!!!!! ZOMG they're graphically packed and full of fun! you get the best of both worlds.

the wii has great graphics for what it does <~notice I bolded that and italicized it to make a point. the PS2 is still a great console, you get the best of both worlds with that as well.

Craptastic ports? OMG HOLII SHYT EYE KANT UZE EH KIIBOARD YETZ LOLZ. gee the console came out in november. give me a friggin break. things take time, you cant expect them to have out every single attachment and add on right when the console is out. that's bad marketing.

Cartoon fighting games? lets see here. soul calibur, MK:A. Not all games need blood and violence. there are such things as FUN fighting games which require neither. I perfer both.

SSBB is a great fighting game, just like MK:A minus blood and different franchise characters. If you want to complain, whine and moan about no blood, there is also resident evil.

Or a system that touts itself as being all about Multiplayer (even names itself after the plural of multiple persons) not having online?

Read above. You cant expect everything to come out immediately and if you think about it, all these wii channels actually are multiplayer, they involve online access only, multiple people, that is pretty much what multi player is.

you fail at trying to make a point, and you say you hate fanboys, but look at what you're doing. Acting just like them! Surprise!

Last edited:
I wasn't bashing SSBB for being semi-cartoony. I was bashing it for not even having a definitive release date. That was a semi-big reason i bought the wii and nintendo gives almost no info about it. The only thing we get is an interview with a guy (not from nintendo) on good morning america.

SSBB better be online, and not make me only play with people who have my "friend code". They better get a decent online matchmaking thing going on. But any decently prepared company would have had online from the start.

And i never said i hate fanboys. Just that they make me laugh because they completely absorb whatever (nintendo or whoever) tells them. Like that guy above. saying Graphics suck and are totally worthless and it's all about gameplay. lol

It's alot tougher to get a good game and good gameplay without good graphics.

Last edited:
LOL wii DID have online from the start. The console was online and updated the first week it was out. If that isn't online then I don't know what the HELL is going on. LAWL.

It does have a definite release date. september 2007. it's already available for pre order as well.

And why the hell would you care about a definitive release date ANYWAY? you know it's going to come out eventually, so who really cares?

Spiritshotgun said:
LOL wii DID have online from the start. The console was online and updated the first week it was out. If that isn't online then I don't know what the HELL is going on. LAWL.

It does have a definite release date. september 2007. it's already available for pre order as well.

And why the hell would you care about a definitive release date ANYWAY? you know it's going to come out eventually, so who really cares?
You know that you will get laid eventually, so don't care that it won't be this year or the next. :lol:

Back