Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hd wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by TKHawaii, Jul 13, 2009.

1. TKHawaii

TKHawaii WiiChat Member

Just got my Wii, noticed on the set up menu "screen" that I cannot activate the HD mode even though I have a 52" LCD HD set. Do I need the HD cord for this to work. Right now I have the three jacks connected, but there is a place for the HD cord is that is what is needed.

Thanks,

TK

2. captainff

captainff slightly amused

Wii Friend Code: 5537-0855-7535-2075
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Unfortunately you can't benefit from the higher resolutions that the wii offers without first purchasing an upgraded cable.

General consensus (that I've read) is that the official Nintendo component cable is the way to go.

With such a large screen you might find the result a bit jaggedy though.

3. HubMonkey

HubMonkey WiiChat Member

Also the Wii does not do HD, period. The best resolution you can get is 480p (just a small step up from the standard 480i).

Hub

4. rukus

rukus WiiChat Member

nope, that is not the consensus. the way to go is monoprice or any other normal cable. mine was $8. others have found them for less.

you will NOT notice a difference between monoprice cables and the overpriced nintendo cables.

get the cheap ones.
    and yes, you need the component cables to use 480p mode, which is considered ED (enhanced definition).

5. Widescreen

Widescreen WiiChat Member

I went with monoprice too and it's been great. I think the cable I got was around $4.

6. batman-kid

batman-kid WiiChat Member

r yu dumb? ugh y do ppl buy hd tv's n not kno how 2 use them

7. Godwind

Godwind WiiChat Member

Why do children spell like headless chickens running around on the keyboard?

8. akubokawii

akubokawii WiiChat Member

Owned! I got my cables
    for around five bucks

9. batman-kid

itz ok dat yur madd dat yur old. have fun with dying =]

10. Godwind

Godwind WiiChat Member

Its ok that you can't spell. Have fun working at McDonald's. Now make me a number 2.

11. batman-kid

its ok yur obviously fustrated with being old, dont worry a bit, sit bak, relax, count yur wrinkles, n eat dis **** cuz i make 40,000 a year acting for disney *****! =]

12. HubMonkey

HubMonkey WiiChat Member

BS ALERT!!!!

You might make $8.50 an hour at Disney. Sweeping the park.

Not one person, who has a shred of integrity, goes around talking like that and makes any semi-real money. Besides $40k a year is not that much.

13. Drunk Duck

Drunk Duck WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2017-1102-3127-7409
    2017-1102-3127-7409
    LOL, No hope for some kids these days if that's the way they spell. Even McDonald's need people that can spell better than that.

14. Drunk Duck

Drunk Duck WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2017-1102-3127-7409
    2017-1102-3127-7409
    Hi Dumbo, or is it Goofy? Or are you one of the seven dwarfs? Dopey?:smilewinkgrin:

15. anthonybest1

anthonybest1 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3428-8826-2456-3690
    3428-8826-2456-3690
    he's only a boy

16. batman-kid

wow this rlly is an exciting adventure of..."revenge of the ancient jealous old ppl" isnt it.

well yeahhh yu can git mad that by the time i was 18 i made more money than anybody here. unless yur a doc or sumin. anywho thx haters for making me more famous than i already am =]]

17. Godwind

Godwind WiiChat Member

Did your mispellings on resume stand out to inquire you a job? Or do you make money as the dancing monkey?

[video=youtube;CqgPFVG_EPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqgPFVG_EPE[/video]

If by old you mean people in their late teens early 20s, than certainly this would be a revenge plot against you. Lets face it, with age, we get more than 40k a year and have hot woman who don't sleep with us because we have wrinkles, but because we have a salary that entitles that to us.

Of course I doubt you are anywhere near 18. If you are, your the biggest joke I have ever seen.

18. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

I can't even decipher this kid's posts. I've always felt that if I expect someone to take the time to read, and perhaps respond to, my comments, then it behooves me to take the time to use the English language properly (the occasional typo excepted) in order to make my post intelligible to the reader. For what it's worth, I work in the practice of law. If you submit a mistake-riddled brief to a judge, you destroy your credibility (and, more importantly, the credibility of your client who's paying you upwards of $500 an hour). That's not a good way to try to continue to make a living!

Anyway, returning to the original topic, I've never seen fit to buy a component cable for the Wii because I don't think 480p is enough of an improvement over 480i to justify the expense. Eight years ago, back when progressive-scan DVD players were first becoming common and when high-definition (720p and 1080i) broadcasts were still uncommon, I might have felt differently, but now I get impatient with TV broadcasts that aren't in 1080i (I routinely turn off the TV rather than watch 480i baseball), and therefore I don't see much reason to buy the component cable for the Wii.

19. HubMonkey

HubMonkey WiiChat Member

I guess I hit the nail on the head with the sweeping the park comment... Get mad? Why would I get mad at your barely above minimum wage job at a Disney Theme park?

Maybe some day you can put together a logical thought so you can joust with people with more intellect than you are capable of grasping.

Do yourself a favor and don't respond to anymore posts in this thread because you make yourself look more and more inane.

Hub

20. f[i]rebat

f[i]rebat CiiWhat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I don't know what's worse, a kid making stupid posts or the people jumping on him trying to crush him by using their OH SO SUPERIOR INTELLECT

both groups are lame enough to waste their time on each other as if anything they say even matters to the other party