Hd wii

TKHawaii

WiiChat Member
Jul 7, 2009
Just got my Wii, noticed on the set up menu "screen" that I cannot activate the HD mode even though I have a 52" LCD HD set. Do I need the HD cord for this to work. Right now I have the three jacks connected, but there is a place for the HD cord is that is what is needed.

Thanks,

TK

Unfortunately you can't benefit from the higher resolutions that the wii offers without first purchasing an upgraded cable.

General consensus (that I've read) is that the official Nintendo component cable is the way to go.

With such a large screen you might find the result a bit jaggedy though.

Also the Wii does not do HD, period. The best resolution you can get is 480p (just a small step up from the standard 480i).

Hub

General consensus (that I've read) is that the official Nintendo component cable is the way to go.

nope, that is not the consensus. the way to go is monoprice or any other normal cable. mine was $8. others have found them for less.

you will NOT notice a difference between monoprice cables and the overpriced nintendo cables.

get the cheap ones.
and yes, you need the component cables to use 480p mode, which is considered ED (enhanced definition).

Just got my Wii, noticed on the set up menu "screen" that I cannot activate the HD mode even though I have a 52" LCD HD set. Do I need the HD cord for this to work. Right now I have the three jacks connected, but there is a place for the HD cord is that is what is needed.

Thanks,

TK

r yu dumb? ugh y do ppl buy hd tv's n not kno how 2 use them

Its ok that you can't spell. Have fun working at McDonald's. Now make me a number 2.

its ok yur obviously fustrated with being old, dont worry a bit, sit bak, relax, count yur wrinkles, n eat dis **** cuz i make 40,000 a year acting for disney *****! =]

its ok yur obviously fustrated with being old, dont worry a bit, sit bak, relax, count yur wrinkles, n eat dis **** cuz i make 40,000 a year acting for disney *****! =]

BS ALERT!!!!

You might make $8.50 an hour at Disney. Sweeping the park.

Not one person, who has a shred of integrity, goes around talking like that and makes any semi-real money. Besides $40k a year is not that much.

Its ok that you can't spell. Have fun working at McDonald's. Now make me a number 2.
LOL, No hope for some kids these days if that's the way they spell. Even McDonald's need people that can spell better than that.

Hi Dumbo, or is it Goofy? Or are you one of the seven dwarfs? Dopey?:smilewinkgrin:

Back