HDTV and 360

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Wow, just got a 27" samsung for my bedroom for my 360..its amazing. I was just being future proof and didn't think HD was that HUGE of a difference, but boy was I wrong. There is a reason they call the 360 a Hi-Def console, its truly meant to be in HD, its purely amazing. Gears of War headshots never looked better! So..to all of you who can, get a HDTV!

yea when i hooked my 360 up to my 56inch HDTV, i was blown away by GoW's graphics. the diffrence is AMAZING

Sovieto said:
Wow, just got a 27" samsung for my bedroom for my 360..its amazing. I was just being future proof and didn't think HD was that HUGE of a difference, but boy was I wrong. There is a reason they call the 360 a Hi-Def console, its truly meant to be in HD, its purely amazing. Gears of War headshots never looked better! So..to all of you who can, get a HDTV!

Thats awesome dude! How much did it cost and is it big enough to enjoy multiplayer games on it? I've got 2 other people I play games with a lot so I'd really like to know. Plus how does a HDTV work with TWO systems. Does it just automatically output the highest resolution that the system is feeding it? Sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology but I'm kinda wondering how it knows to play Wii games in 480p and then when you turn OFF the Wii and put on the 360 how it knows to play 360 games in 720p or 1080i (whichever it is that the 360 does...what does it do btw)?

And oh yeah Mitch? I dunno if you're joking or actually think you're being funny but its kinda mean spirited to make fun of those who unfortunately CANNOT afford to get a 56' tv. I'm sure its wonderful and all but no need to rub it in our faces.

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
Thats awesome dude! How much did it cost and is it big enough to enjoy multiplayer games on it? I've got 2 other people I play games with a lot so I'd really like to know. Plus how does a HDTV work with TWO systems. Does it just automatically output the highest resolution that the system is feeding it? Sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology but I'm kinda wondering how it knows to play Wii games in 480p and then when you turn OFF the Wii and put on the 360 how it knows to play 360 games in 720p or 1080i (whichever it is that the 360 does...what does it do btw)?

And oh yeah Mitch? I dunno if you're joking or actually think you're being funny but its kinda mean spirited to make fun of those who unfortunately CANNOT afford to get a 56' tv. I'm sure its wonderful and all but no need to rub it in our faces.
yah, for the 360 it auto detects your highest output, so it wouldnt be forced to use 480p from the wii settings
it was a $800 (tax included) samsung hdtv from walmart
to be honest multiplayer is kinda akward, each persons screen is a sliver, maybe with a bigger tv it would be better, but still having such a short but wide screen is weird, i wish that hd games would support vertical splitscreen >.<

Hmmnn thanks for the information. Looks like I'll defiintely try to aim for a 32' or 37' HDTV then although I'm sure the price is going to off the charts.

MasterJedi2U said:
Hmmnn thanks for the information. Looks like I'll defiintely try to aim for a 32' or 37' HDTV then although I'm sure the price is going to off the charts.
walmart was offering the same exact hdtv but a 32" for $850 i think (without tax included)

It sucks in my house, I have a 37" HD downstairs, and then my parents have a 32" wide screeen HD in their room. How does this suck? Because my dad stays downstairs and watches "his" TV all day, and my mom stays with "her" TV all day. I have 2 amazing TV's and can't play on either one :mad2:. But that will change during spring break...

FWELR said:
It sucks in my house, I have a 37" HD downstairs, and then my parents have a 32" wide screeen HD in their room. How does this suck? Because my dad stays downstairs and watches "his" TV all day, and my mom stays with "her" TV all day. I have 2 amazing TV's and can't play on either one :mad2:. But that will change during spring break...
are u going to kill your mom&dad lol

Why didn't you get the 32' one then sovieto? Too expensive with tax included or something? I can understand that. I just thought that since it was a difference of 50 that you would just get the bigger one anyways. And I'm lol at the thought of fwelr's parents and their spring break surprise.

paintba||er said:
Ya its amazing when you hook compare HD and SD. I play mine on my monitor so I can get HD.
What hardware do you use to do this? I've thought about it before but not sure how to go about it.

with the 360's component cable you can use it with either HD or SD, just a little switch and depending on which cable ends you plug in.

very clever idea i thought.

and back to original topic, 360 in HD is sweet, nice to have another fan :smilewinkgrin:

Mitch2025 said:
yea when i hooked my 360 up to my 56inch HDTV, i was blown away by GoW's graphics. the diffrence is AMAZING

agreed! i was amazed as to how good the game looked on my hdtv compared to the 32' in my bedroom, but ya GoW is just a amazingly nice game for the 360

Back