Heading in another Gaming Era!

christicehurst

Gaming Legend
Nov 4, 2006
Canberra, Australia
Wii Online Code
2188-6506-5465-4428
After 17 years of gaming you would think I'm too old for this but nah! I'm buying the Wii in early Feb and looking forward to the new challenge of using the Wiimote. Here's a couple questions I lneed to know to sort my budgeting.

1. I have a old style of TV which means I need a RF Switch cable with the Wii. How much would this cost to me and can I use the old GameCube/N64 cable for the Wii?

2. I have Dial up internet and is it possible to use for the Wii. I don't care about slow downloads. I have download 300mb of crap on it. If so, how do you connect the Wii to the computer or internet then?

That's all the questions I have for now. I may have a couple more as time goes on. I wanna get Wii Sports to practise using the remote then get in to Virtual Console game classic (Donkey Kong Country!!!, Mario Kart 64!!!, Pokemon!!!) for some fun!

christicehurst said:
After 17 years of gaming you would think I'm too old for this but nah! I'm buying the Wii in early Feb and looking forward to the new challenge of using the Wiimote. Here's a couple questions I lneed to know to sort my budgeting.

1. I have a old style of TV which means I need a RF Switch cable with the Wii. How much would this cost to me and can I use the old GameCube/N64 cable for the Wii?

2. I have Dial up internet and is it possible to use for the Wii. I don't care about slow downloads. I have download 300mb of crap on it. If so, how do you connect the Wii to the computer or internet then?

That's all the questions I have for now. I may have a couple more as time goes on. I wanna get Wii Sports to practise using the remote then get in to Virtual Console game classic (Donkey Kong Country!!!, Mario Kart 64!!!, Pokemon!!!) for some fun!

1. Not sure bout thier cables however you can always run the Wii thu a VCR or something along those matters....

2. No Dial up is not supported at all... sorry... get DSL/cable Dial up is fast dying, slow and unreliable... If u ever tried broadband you would never be able to go back to the slow of the Dial up... unless you can get it to a Wifi point would be the only other way to use internet on it..

Hope this helps!

I'll looking into the idea for the RF switch. I do know people have found a way for Dial up to work. I'll keep on searching...

Back