Headset= Bad

Attacktix

WiiChat Member
Jul 2, 2007
i think its a very bad idea to have a headset for wii.

1 reason is that, why would you need to talk to a total stranger?? i mean really??? some games, you do have to comunicate, but most games "ex: brawl" you dont need to talk.

there is another thread that says "would you play brawl with no headset?"
even if there was a headset, they wouldnt use it for brawl. There is absolutlty no use in it. what would you talk about??? "go grab that mushroom!" if you need to talk to your friend while ure playing just call them!

2. half of the time it will just be someone swearing at you, or asking for information............ but thats a differnt story.

3. some of you are probably thinking, But what if we want to talk to our friends/ people we know. The answer is! Get a cell phone....

4. some other people are thinking, but what if we have very strong security/codes that limit us to talk to certain people? Theres still some people that would give out that information to strangers.

please comment what you think.

i have to disagree,

while you opinions are interesting there are flaws in the fact you donkt have to use the headset if you dont want to, you would be able to talk to specific people, and if people were swearing just mute them or take headset off.

also its a new way to talk and socialize with people.

i mean a down side to gaming is, its addictive and can lead to bad social lives and very little talking, but with a headset it can increase socilaization.

for starters even idiots know not to give there info out online nevermind to strangers on the games. so its up to them.

i would play brawl without a headsert, but would like it more if there was one

I agree on the swearing part. You can see the proof right here on these forums!

Wii has a young audiance and for some strange reason these kids try to be cool or something on the online world and think they can accomplish that with swearing and using 18+ words ;)

I dont want a high pitched voice in my ear shouting all kinds of crap at me while Im giving him headshots :p

Headsets work great for FPS/Tactical combat co-op games, but could care less if brawl had one or not

There is an option called MUTE, and an option of TURNING VOICES OFF, and an option of NOT USING THE HEADSET,

plus i dont wanna spen like £20 phone bill talking to my mate throughout a multiplayer match

Attacktix said:
i think its a very bad idea to have a headset for wii.

1 reason is that, why would you need to talk to a total stranger?? i mean really??? some games, you do have to comunicate, but most games "ex: brawl" you dont need to talk.

there is another thread that says "would you play brawl with no headset?"
even if there was a headset, they wouldnt use it for brawl. There is absolutlty no use in it. what would you talk about??? "go grab that mushroom!" if you need to talk to your friend while ure playing just call them!

2. half of the time it will just be someone swearing at you, or asking for information............ but thats a differnt story.

3. some of you are probably thinking, But what if we want to talk to our friends/ people we know. The answer is! Get a cell phone....

4. some other people are thinking, but what if we have very strong security/codes that limit us to talk to certain people? Theres still some people that would give out that information to strangers.

please comment what you think.
(Numbers Correspond with Yours)
1. (1) To make sure they know when they just got kneed in the face! (Falcon player) (2) To talk to friends (3) To teach fellow players to play better.
2. Okay...? I have no problem with this whatsoever, if you do than don't wear the headset.
3. Using this logic I can assume that you mail your friends letters rather than calling them or emailing them.
4. What? They could easily limit the number of people you could talk to to your friend list, if they so chose.

I agree, in parts, to both Attacktix and Daviduk's arguments. I think that a headset is not necessary by any means, but can be useful if not abused. I have to mute people while on xbox live because of how immature and annoying some people are. With the younger crowd being the primary users of the Wii I see more of the same issues arising with immaturity and most definitely a lot of swearing. As long as I either have the capability to mute a player or speak directly to someone I will gladly support headsets for the Wii. Also Attacktix, I know times are changing and 12 year olds have cell phones now, but not everyone can afford/attain them and a headset would allow them to talk without tying up their parent's home phone, just my two cents.

I seriously wouldn't wanna make my phone bill any higher though...
It'd be a little uncomfortable to keep a phone on your shoulder anyways. Even if you did have it on speaker, so it wasn't on your shoulder, it would still be muffled and you wouldn't be able to hear it very well. This is where the headset comes in...

lol
just cause you cant have it it automatically means you dont want it

Good graphics? wii dosent have it..but i could care less for it!
Something other than friend codes? uhh i like it..i think..
now headset? no way little kids screaming and trash talk! even though that only happens like 1/10 games you play...

ugh youve obviously never gamed with a headset. no one asks you for your information. the things you talk about are stories, what theyre into, what they think of the brawl characters, ect. then you might get to like them and you become wii friends! its better to be able to talk about the weather with a stranger than sitting there doing nothing...

Last edited:
Uh...WRONG.

When I play a game with other people i like to be able to talk to them about the game and ****.
ESPECIALLY Brawl! I would find SSB fun without a couple of budds.! ya diigg!

And about what Sov said.
So true! No one asks for your info people don't even trash talk that much @ all.

yeah there should be a headset for sure! i hope its the september surprise. You'd get to talk to ur friends while playin. How can u pass up that

Lol here is my opinion.. Just as some of the others say, take it off if you dont want it it x-x.. But for me I say hell yes :eek:.. Either if i'm being a noob or the other guy is you get a great satisfactory of winning making the game more addicting and its alot more fun to talk to people and ask them questions about how they play, And if anything i was kinda of mad that a Headset wasn't in Strikers O-o.. alot of people werecheating using the same moves over again.. i wanted to say to the guy WTF do you just WANT to win o_O.. And pluss what i do alot of times are say good comments on other peoples shots "Meaning i have respect for people who beat me X-x" I just think that it's totally optional if you want one.. I mean it would be so perfect for brawl.. If anything it's a totally new step in gaming o_O.. And no offence dude but if anything i really think your afraid of people hearing you loose.. Anyway i think it's a must and if people don't want it they don't have to buy it.

Back