headsets NO

LevesqueIsKing said:
There goes your quality debate for the next time you get in an argument over having to pay for XB Live :rolleyes:

:)

Nah cuz its somewhat different

No other consoles give you a headset for free. Also, you can buy a better headset if you wanted.

So if you try to use it in comparison to online, you don't have the option of paying for a "better" online on other consoles.

So, that example didnt work :D

i just want it to look cool, and want it to be inexpensive. we do need one though for like, online play. it can get really unorganized

Its one of my predictions that Wii wont get headset. To many conflicting things, like SSBB being where when you leave/drop your opponent turns into CPU and apparently Nintendo does not want you to know when this happens and a mic would give it away.

Plus Nintendo is just real slow compared to the other consoles on "keeping up"
They like to do their own style of things.

im sure one will pop up obviously the outcry for one is huge, but keeping with the family friendly view they like to keep it safe and G rated.. always been nintendos way, although with the friends code it kinda takes care of security...

They have 2 ways to do it to keep it in the nintendo "family friendly" rankings

1. every headset capable game would have to include a friend code system or use the nintendo current version. Only allowing pre-aproved friends to talk on the headset.

2. They will make a speaker phone style communication just a large unit you set on your coffe table or ontop of your t.v. that everyone shares. This has been the biggest "offical rumor" i have seen so far, and sadly i think its the way they are gonna go, although once the tech is released obviously a 3rd party headset could be made using it, only problem is it sounds like they are planning on using one unit even in multiple player setups. ie. 4 players on one Wii share one speaker phone unit, if your using a headset made in place of the speaker phone only 1 out of 4 could use it...

another thing is, its just fun to talk to other people when you play, like it heightens the experience. i for one would love to trashtalk on GH3 :D and also like on MOHH2 it would also make thins alot easier, that way you could like, coordinate things alot better. it's not so much as doing it cuz the other consoles do, but just it's a nice addition, and is crucial for some games

I've tried endless ocean a couple times over wifi and its simply painful because you can't tell the other person anything meaningful. Its impossible to communicate with the 16 built in phrases. I didn't understand all of IGN's complaining until now. They really need to add compatibility soon.

wezeles said:
im sure one will pop up obviously the outcry for one is huge, but keeping with the family friendly view they like to keep it safe and G rated.. always been nintendos way, although with the friends code it kinda takes care of security...

They have 2 ways to do it to keep it in the nintendo "family friendly" rankings

1. every headset capable game would have to include a friend code system or use the nintendo current version. Only allowing pre-aproved friends to talk on the headset.

This is how they do it with DS games that support voice chat (can only chat with friends, not random players), so I'm assuming they would do they same thing on the Wii if they do it at all.

It's not much of an issue for me but if they can make a headset for DS, why not the Wii? What everyone is saying is true, in that it would have to operate using friend codes. Also, it could be designed so that it would work with previously released online games. There could be a channel (Wii Chat would be a good name for it actually :lol: ) which could run while you were playing the game and you could talk freely at the same time. I just can't see what issue they have with stopping you talking to your friends.

LOL they should let people speak thur the Wii mote speaker so that that sound even lamer...LOL

i was thinking that myself as the cheep defualt setting for people... use the speaker liek a 2 way radio..lol only one person could speak at a time though unless they added a mic somehow.

360 headset is too bulky and uncomfortable? have you used it or even SEEN it for that matter?
keep asking for a headset and they might do add it, but it would only be for friends to friends communication. =/

Last edited:
Even if Nintendo released a headset, it would be very very limited. You'll most likely require friend codes to communicate.

Headsets for the 360 are fine, they're free and do the job.

@Lev:

I'd pay $40 for a full year of live. It's good to have options, eh?

Sovieto said:
360 headset is too bulky and uncomfortable? have you used it or even SEEN it for that matter?
keep asking for a headset and they might do add it, but it would only be for friends to friends communication. =/
I think he was referring to the 360's headset compared to the DS headset which is much smaller. I think that they are both equal when it comes to comfort.

As for Nintendo with a headset, not coming anytime soon and when it does come, it will be in Nintendo FC setup (I'm guessing).

Back