heat problem

ZLINK

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
Germany
Wii Online Code
4016-0078-4156-6412
i have this problem with my wii and i wanted to know if this is normal
if i have wiiconect 24 on and leave it on standby my wii heats up on the side and i wanted to know if this is normal:scared:

yes its normal, but prefer to keep wiiconnect24 off in standby as i like to think im not making my wii work for something i dont need on.

kk thanx just needed to know because i think its weird oh and is it ok if i let the cable in the outlet because ac adaptor likes to make sound and i dont like that

oh and if i turn off my standby connection mode wii connect 24 doesnt work for some reason

u want to leave the cable in or out?

it doesnt matter which itll b fine whichever you choose

ZLINK said:
oh and if i turn off my standby connection mode wii connect 24 doesnt work for some reason

mine does that too. if i want to check the weather i turn wc24 standby on, then before i turn it off i turn wc24 standby off.
i thik when the wii is on wc24 standby(orange light) if you hold it in i think it turns red and turns off wc24

wow I think thats been the millionth thread about standby overheating

so what anyway thanks mushy peas for the help ill add youre friend code to my wii also add mine its to the side and my wii username is jtm

There is no need to turn the Connect24 on and off. It is too much trouble. Just leave it on in the setup. You just need to hold the power button on Wii until the indicator to turn red and it would be off instead of in standby mode and the Connect24 will not work. When you need to check the weather channel or new channel the next time, it will just take a few seconds longer to update the info than leaving it on Standby with Connect24 all the time.

This has been brought up many times but it seems more and more people reported there is a heating problem with their Wii. Perhaps it is getting into Summer time in the North hemisphere now.

Last edited:
billcsho said:
This has been brought up many times but it seems more and more people reported there is a heating problem with their Wii. Perhaps it is getting into Summer time in the North hemisphere now.
When I finally get my console working on wifi (not holding my breath) I'll be leaving Connect24 disabled, as I'd rather wait a minute or two for the connection and update than come home to find my console is fried.

Not sure about the rest of the northern hemisphere, but the flooding here in the UK suggests we're a long way from summer. ;)

the summer is already gone over here jumile. even if you leave connect24 off, the internet channel and shop will still work. its just the news and weather which you need to turn it on for.

Back