Heatseeker Video and Screenshots

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
From Codemasters comes Heatseeker, the supercharged, blackout-inducing flight combat game coming late March, is set to give players unprecedented control over the military's finest aerial weapons thanks to an innovative use of the Wii controls.

Heatseeker's innovative and unique use of the Wii controls means that players have complete command over their turbo charged arsenal. Using one of the two available control methods, fighter jets and missiles respond instantly to help you make that 10-inch manoeuvre to prevent an enemy warhead shredding apart your F-15 Eagle.

"It's vital that your plane reacts instantly to your control inputs," says Andrew Wensley, Senior Producer for Heatseeker at Codemasters. "Even a hundredth of a second delay can prove fatal in air to air combat and, although we've provided the perfect control system, only the player can provide the nerves of steel necessary".

In Heatseeker, players are offered a choice between using the Wii Remote pointer as the plane's guiding system and using the Nunchuk just as a real fighter pilot would use his in-cockpit flight stick. Delivering enhanced graphics and advanced animations, players will want to slam on the airbrakes and reverse thrusters to enjoy the view.

Here is the latest Heatseeker video showcasing the use of the Wii controls. Screenshots can be viewed below.

Due for release late March 2007

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5,510
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 255
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 295
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 212
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 182
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 177
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 491
Woah..that looks awesome! Like the 'DESTROY' on the trailer and screenshots look pretty cool.

shame it's not online..

Ancestor said:
I think it looks bit too arcade for my taste but as it is released from codemasters I really do hope they make new Operation Flashpoint allso for Wii.

Operation Flashpoint was an excellent game - one shot and your dead, maybe 2 or 3 if your very lucky. Not a rambo type game. OF 2 has been 'coming' from years now.

This game looks fun, even though it is arcadey. The days of serious flight sims are long gone.

I'm always a sucker for anything plane-y....i even started my ppl... i will almost certainly be getting this and anything else where you can fly and blow $hit up with missiles and cannons ;)

Ehh...Blazing Angels looks better than this. Like someone else said it looks really arcadish to me. Like I could go to Adventure Landing and see that type of stuff...

I'm quite fond of air combat games, and I have to say the controls look responsive and smooth, however multiplayer dogfights are a must.

I'll get this game.

I'm not a graphics whore or aything but it looks exaclty the same as the PS2 version and the Wii is suposed to be how much more powerful?

Also I'm getting really angry with games not being online, or featuring any online score systems at least.

MasterJedi2U said:
Ehh...Blazing Angels looks better than this. Like someone else said it looks really arcadish to me. Like I could go to Adventure Landing and see that type of stuff...

Agreed, i'm looking forward to Blazing Angels

This looks awesome, i don't think i'll spend the 50 bucks on it right away. but who knows this might be really good.
I'm a fan of the nunchuk being your joystick.
can't wait!

Looks good to me.

How are you guys judging blazing angels though? Unless I missed some videos...

Back