Heeelp!

hockeymatt

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2007
hey everyone,

just got a wii for christmas, but i think something may be wrong with it.

i have wii sports and mario party, both brand new (as is the wii), but i noticed that the edges of both discs are beginning to take on odd shapes. it almost looks like there was some melting that occured. its just on the edges and not on the disc at all. both games play fine.

does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

any help would be great thanks,

-matt

Just joined myself here for Christmas!
Sounds like the system is over heating.
I have seen cooling trays for these systems on Ebay.
Maybe a return when they are back in stock though. (System and the games)
Wii Daddy

Hockeymatt, where are you keeping your wii? Is it like near a fireplace or something along those lines? Because that might be the cause of the over heating. (Wiis aren't generally known to overheat)

But anyway, welcome to Wiichat both new members above me!

Last edited:
my wii is out in the open, nothing is around it at all. i just keep it in the stand. i know they have wii fanstands, but i wouldnt expect it to overheat already?

well as i said ive had it since christmas, id say i play it about 2 hours a day. i noticed alot of people said that leaving it in standby with the wiiconnect24 on all the time can make it overheat so i shut it off whenever im not playing.

it seems like my problem is unique. is it bad that i have it on the carpet? i do have it in the stand.

i guess i should call up nintendo

I never turn off my wii, and it still never heats up. I recommend you calling Nintendo to find out if you need to send it for repair or exchange it at the store.

you need to keep it on the stand....on the floor and then your house might burn down :yikes: so anyways yea call nintendo.

Back