Height

Nav, I'm 5'9 at 19 years. That's probably where you'll be at my age. I was the same height as you when I was your age and honestly, I didn't have a problem with it. Sure sometimes I'd catch crap for it and it ticked me off a bit, but when you're older you'll laugh at the fact that you let your height get you down, trust me.

6'3", 18 years old and still growin'. i've got an uncle and grandpa that are 6'8" so i'm expected to meet or surpass that.

but being tall isn't always a good thing. its a pain getting in and out of those really low cars. and i have to duck my head at some doors. tall is nice but there is such a thing as too tall.

6'1" at 18. Dont worry about itbro, youll be fine... True though, it also depends on genetics. If you want a good look at your height range, look at your parents and grandparents. You can expect to at least be withinan inch or two of their height. Their are other factors too, such as what you ewat and how your body is built. But like Shadow said, being really tall isnt alays a good thing. I have a buddy of mine who is 14 an stands 6'7"... And he is outgrowing his muscles, and the tendons in his legs are pulling apart. Its not always a good thing to be the biggest... Just be happy with average.

Cheers guys, I know it's silly and I should't let it get to me but I can't help it. Today I saw two of my mates, both in the year below, and both taller than me. I know I shouldn't let it get to me, especially if I still have a chance to grow.
Nav, I'm 5'9 at 19 years. That's probably where you'll be at my age. I was the same height as you when I was your age and honestly, I didn't have a problem with it. Sure sometimes I'd catch crap for it and it ticked me off a bit, but when you're older you'll laugh at the fact that you let your height get you down, trust me.

I'm lucky in the way I don't get picked on- there are plenty of other boys (just) smaller then me, but If I was 5'9 at all I'd be happy.

You know man, I'm 6 feet tall. But don't worry about being short, I've got a much bigger problem.

Are you familiar with a condition called Vitiligo? It's a skin disorder in which the pigmentation cells die. That means I've got some really **** white spots on my skin. And if I don't get treatment, these ****ing spots won't stop advancing 'til I'm ****ing pale. I've got on my hands, feet, elbows and armpits. The ones on my face disappeared. :D

So, your height is something you shouldn't worry about. There are much worse things.

Last edited:
You know man, I'm 6 feet tall. But don't worry about being short, I've got a much bigger problem.

Are you familiar with a condition called Vitiligo? It's a skin disorder in which the pigmentation cells die. That means I've got some really **** white spots on my skin. And if I don't get treatment, these ****ing spots won't stop advancing 'til I'm ****ing pale. I've got on my hands, feet, elbows and armpits. The ones on my face disappeared. :D

So, your height is something you shouldn't worry about. There are much worse things.

Didn't Michael Jackson have that?

I know that there are worse things that could happen to me- I could be blind, have cancer or look like the tree man in Indonesia. And that's why it's so silly why I'm getting worked up about it. I know I shouldn't feel like I do, but I just do. Vanity will be the end of me, and that's the truth.

@ Navarre: Dont worry about vanity... Everyone has ego problems. lol. I have big ego problems. Like seriously, you have no idea. But, im average height at about 6'1", but I somewhat makeup for that with weight. I weigh even at 243 pounds right now. Weight DOES contribute to height, along with what you do in your daily life. For instance, if you stretch, or do alot of cross country running, your legs get longer and stretch, therefore you grow. I stay at 6'1"0 bc i played football, did wrestling, and boxing in school, hence the reasoning for my weight. That, and having 4 weight training classes every day, I wasnt looking to get taller, just bulking up. If you want to get taller, try to find exercises to stretch your muscles and trim you donw. Hoiw much do you weigh?

@ Navarre: Dont worry about vanity... Everyone has ego problems. lol. I have big ego problems. Like seriously, you have no idea. But, im average height at about 6'1", but I somewhat makeup for that with weight. I weigh even at 243 pounds right now. Weight DOES contribute to height, along with what you do in your daily life. For instance, if you stretch, or do alot of cross country running, your legs get longer and stretch, therefore you grow. I stay at 6'1"0 bc i played football, did wrestling, and boxing in school, hence the reasoning for my weight. That, and having 4 weight training classes every day, I wasnt looking to get taller, just bulking up. If you want to get taller, try to find exercises to stretch your muscles and trim you donw. Hoiw much do you weigh?

Thanks for this, but I fear my weight training may have actually stunted my growth. It really got me down today, people who I used to be taller than are now taller than me. It's really getting me down. I just want to grow, and now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to take my mind off it.

Sometimes it happens that way. Its stunted mine a bit. I was supposedly supposed to be 6'4". But im 6'1". Dont let it bring you down (no pun intended lmao)

I'm 5'8, or 5'9... not entirely sure. And I'm 17.

I enjoy being the height that I am. It prevents me from looking thin and lanky, lol. It's easier to bulk up when you're shorter. And guys have it pretty good with height - with women, height's more important: the slender physique, the long legs...

So yeah, don't worry about your height. Some girls will be into taller guys, but if you're tall it's more likely that you're going to be lanky and stuff. Not hot.

Cheers for this guys. I have noticed that there are quite a few people in my year shorter than me or simply the exact same height as me- it gives me hope. My best friend is around 5'11, he's noticing I'm becoming obsessed with my height as of late. I might phone the NHS later, see if there's anything medical I can have. Human growth hormone may help. I also need to go to counselling. Whenever I'm doing something good I remind myself of my height which gets me down. It's dangerously obsessive. Psychologically, it's destroying and defeating me. I'm usually an optimist, but I don't feel optimistic.

Last edited:
Back