Hello and HELP PLEASE

NormandyRosa

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2007
Hi, I've just joined the site and need some help please !!!!!!
I am trying to connect my Wii via my AOL wifi and it wont work !!
I have two computers already linked and a DS lite. I am not a technical person and need some very plain simple instructions on how to fix this problem. I have been through the set up process, the wii picks up the AOL box as the Access point but then I get an error message and it wont connect.

Can any help a very annoyed new Wii owner and family. TYVM:mad2:

Hey welcome to the forums.

For your question.
You might need to put all the codes in manually.
Much like the DS.
The DNS Server Codes, IP Addresses etc.
Try it.

Tyvm for your reply. However, Im not sure how you put all those things in manually - Im not a IT expert and the problem is I dont know what to do !.
Also Im worried if I start messing around I will mess all the wifi connection and then nothing will work. But thanks for your help. will bear it in mind.

Best of luck to you.
I could help you out but it'd be kind of difficult.
PM me if you need serious help.
I'll try my best.

Thanks Blueradio for you reply. Thanks for your offer of help. I am also on the nintendon-europe forum and getting suggestions from there too. So Im trying to get some info and find out what I should be doing before I start tinkering ! I have been onto AOL UK but they wouldnt help me as I live in france! So will have to phone the AOL Fr. and see if I can get the english help people. I have been told its possible AOL is not compatible with Wii, but did find on the AOL Website that you can link in the PS2 via USB so I dont see why the Wii shouldnt link in too. Anywhere there seems to be a lot of problems with this new Wii, and many people having problems, so Im not alone. I will keep on, Im just afraid if I start messing too much it will mess the whole system up and then we wont have any links at all. If I change the router channel (when I know how) will the computer automatically pick that up? Also one suggestion was to put in the mac add of the wii into the computer, but where do I do that?

Thanks again, hope you are having fun with your Wii, I think it will be great when it works !!
:crazy:

Back