Hello, first post, and first question

Neuco

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2007
Hi all.

I don't have a Wii yet, but I know I'm getting one for Christmas. So to prepare, I plan on hooking it up to my PC monitor, since I don't have HDTV yet.

I have a 20 inch widescreen LCD monitor. When I used to have my Xbox hooked up to it, I used the VD-Z3 Component-to-VGA Transcoder.

http://hardware.teamxbox.com/xbox/22/VDZ3-ComponenttoVGA-Transcoder/

Now, I did a search here before posting, so I kindly ask members to please refrain from responses like "uze teh search, n00b!!1". All I would like to know is, if I hook up my Wii with this, will the transcoder automatically detect the Wii component cables and display a signal? Or will I have to make an adjustment on a regular TV first.

Thanks in advance for any answers, and I look forward to posting more often as Christmas nears. :)

its should automattically (u see we dont care about spelling---damn you frogger) detect...lets start from the beggining ...welcome to wiichat...*rep*

You shouldn't really be botherd about geting a HD signal
The wii dosnt do true HD

Thank you for the responses everyone. :) Wii fans sure are different from Xbox fans, let me tell you. :crazy:
Darkprinny said:
You shouldn't really be botherd about geting a HD signal
The wii dosnt do true HD
I know that, but I don't have anywhere else to put it, so I say why not.

Neuco said:
Thank you for the responses everyone. :) Wii fans sure are different from Xbox fans, let me tell you. :crazy:

I know that, but I don't have anywhere else to put it, so I say why not.

Multi conection boxies ?

Darkprinny said:
Multi conection boxies ?
Not sure what you mean.

Anyway, I've been doing some more research, and it seems the transcoder will not automatically pick up the Wii signal at first. The transcoder only detects progressive scan signals. By default, the Wii outputs at 480i, and you have to go to a setting in the system options to set it to 480p. Since I won't even be able to see the screen to begin with, it looks like I'll have to do the 480p setup on another TV at first, then go back to the LCD monitor, and hopefully the Wii will remember to output in 480p and the transcoder will pick it up then.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I ment a box that gose into the TV and it gives you more connections

Darkprinny said:
I ment a box that gose into the TV and it gives you more connections
I already have too much going on as it is in that department, so I opted to use my LCD monitor instead. Besides, it'll look better on my monitor as well.

True
But a bigger screen is best for multi games

Back