Hello

CARLS CAR

WiiChat Member
Feb 29, 2008
FL
I'm new here and I just want to say that I've been a HUGE Smash fan since the N64 version came out. This new version looks absolutely amazing. I hope everything from Smash Melee is implemented in this one as well (what would we do without wave dashing and all the other neat tricks?? haha). I look forward to playing against some of you online!

I do have a question though and it's probably been asked here before... I don't own a Wii just yet; I plan on getting it next week from a friend that doesn't use his anymore. Anyways, I'd feel more comfortable playing Smash on a gamecube controller. I know the Wii has GCube controller ports but will the game itself be compatible with them? I hope so!

Thanks.

Ahhhhhhh awesome! I'm getting my Wii for $200USD and I've also pre-ordered the game and I already own a GCube controller. I'd say I got hooked up!

Thanks for the warm welcome and prompt replies!

Unfortunately wavedash and L cancelling won't be available in Brawl since they're glitch and have been patched. I haven't mastered either so it's no real loss for me really.

hey there:) welcome to wiichat, i know youll enjoy your self, cause i do

Douten said:
Unfortunately wavedash and L cancelling won't be available in Brawl since they're glitch and have been patched. I haven't mastered either so it's no real loss for me really.

You're kidding me?!
Oh man I know a lot of people that are going to be pissed hahaha. I played MELEE competitively and L-Cancelling and Wavedashing were a BIG part of my game. This surely changes things...

carls pretty much anything you need to know is at a little known site called smashbros.com

no need to get an additude bro...i made a joke i ddnt say "dont make stupid threads and ask stupid rediculous questions" so relax

what is l-cancelling and wavedashing. seriously. i've played melee and i don't think i ever knew what that was. :wtf:

I don't really think the competition is taken out. If each player are giving the same set of possibility (my vocab fails). As in sure wavedash is taken out but that means all the character can't use it.
I can see that it makes the game easier to learn, no need to invest a lot of time towards learning to wavedash, shffl, etc. but no less competitive.

Back