help a wii cant get online

loper

loper
Apr 9, 2007
so, I have no clue how to connect my wii online. I dont have a router. but I have a computer that catches other lan signals w/ a signal seeker. I just bought a lan adapter 4 the wii. I thought I could connect the wii to my computer w/ the enthernet cable. but no go. the thing is i can set up my ps3 this way. ANY CLUE. any help would b great.

Have you followed the instructions in the Lan adapter to connect it? Seems like a logical place to start.

you need a router or a hub to use an ethernet usb adapter i dont think you can simple plug it into your pc unless you have a special cross over cable do your self a favor and buy a linksys or d-link wireless router they arent that expensive and it will work with your ds and possible your psp if you have one and if you have a laptop it will work with that if you already have the usb ethernet adapter then you can plug it into a slot on a hub or router though if you dont want to go wireless

anyways here is a list of routers supported by nintendo

http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/supportedRouters.do

also please try and place your topics in the correct forum not trying to be mean but this is for introducing your self not tech support

Back