Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

help a wii cant get online

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by loper, Apr 9, 2007.

1. loper

loper loper

so, I have no clue how to connect my wii online. I dont have a router. but I have a computer that catches other lan signals w/ a signal seeker. I just bought a lan adapter 4 the wii. I thought I could connect the wii to my computer w/ the enthernet cable. but no go. the thing is i can set up my ps3 this way. ANY CLUE. any help would b great.

2. iantimmy123

iantimmy123 WiiChat Member

Have you followed the instructions in the Lan adapter to connect it? Seems like a logical place to start.

3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Unofficial WiiChat Helper

Wii Friend Code: 7114-5214-3386-2022
    7114-5214-3386-2022
    you need a router or a hub to use an ethernet usb adapter i dont think you can simple plug it into your pc unless you have a special cross over cable do your self a favor and buy a linksys or d-link wireless router they arent that expensive and it will work with your ds and possible your psp if you have one and if you have a laptop it will work with that if you already have the usb ethernet adapter then you can plug it into a slot on a hub or router though if you dont want to go wireless

anyways here is a list of routers supported by nintendo

http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/supportedRouters.do

also please try and place your topics in the correct forum not trying to be mean but this is for introducing your self not tech support

4. loper

loper loper

it works with my ps3