Help! Attempting to join never works

Saladbreak

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2010
I'll try to be brief about this. It takes about 6-7 seconds per every match the wii is attempting to join. It'll say it's getting match quality for 50 matches, then it'll start scrolling through the matches saying something like "attempting to join 43 matches". As it counts down, it takes about 6-7 second before it counts down.

Attempting to join 43 matches *6 seconds later* attempting to join 42 matches *6 seconds later* attempting to join 41 matches *6 seconds later* ... so on and so forth. It will never connect to any match. Having tried for at least a good total of about 20-24 hours total (over a period of several days), I rendered it futile to try and play online anymore.

But I just came from a friend's house and used his wii to play Black Ops, it counted down very quickly. I'd say maybe 2 matches every second or so?

What the HELL is wrong with my wii? I have tried nearly EVERYTHING. Changing router channels 1 / 11, port forwarding, removing firewalls, disconnecting my wii from the internet followed by d/c router and wii, then reconnecting them and reconnecting back online. I have no idea what is up.

SSBB works online, I can watch netflix with no problems, I can even search the internet on youtube without any problem. Why does it take so long to scroll through the matches? Why can I not connect, even though it worked so well at my friend's house? I have Cableone while he has some sort of linksys internet.

I'm using a WPA connection (which a WEP or WPA connection should not matter) and have CableOne internet. Nothing should be blocking it's connection, since the router is a mere 10-15 ft away and I remove my wireless adapter from my laptop before attempting to play. Could it be that the wii is old or something? I believe it's a few years old, but why the heck should that matter? I need help desperately :frown5: Black Ops is so much fun, and I'd like to be able to play it in my spare time.

Wow. Just... Wow. I called Cableone to see if they could help. Without the person on the end doing anything, Black ops suddenly started working.

Having had this game for several weeks and doing MANY things to try and resolve my issue... As soon as I call them, it magically starts working.

Jesus christ, F- you cableone.

I'm off to pwn now

It's still borderline retarded that right after I call them it works... They did something, I swear they did.

Ah well, I'm happy. Now excuse me while I go play some HC S&D

Back