Help, Cant download wii update

alienated182

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
I can connect to the wireless router, but I still recieve error 32002 when i try to install the update that follows.
Any ideas? :(

i did, it says you should recieve it before the 19, then if you recieve it after, it gives you a link, which leads to a random page that is obviously not going to help me ::(
not sure what the update is, but i cant do anything with the channels, cant shop even.
im guessing a firmware.

the first time you power up the Wii you need to download a system update, I haven't a clue as to what exactly the update contains but my guess is bug fixes and various performance enhancements. Nintendo was originally going to include a system update disc that you would be required to insert before you can actually use the Wii but apparently they scrapped that idea (even then, a small handful of the consoles got out that have this setting, end-users are going to have to send them in to get it replaced)

not sure what the update is, but i cant do anything with the channels, cant shop even.

Did you configure the internet connection?

yep, right after it tells me that its connected properly, it starts updating, and it just sits there and dosnt update, it eventually times out and gives me that error.

its pretty far away, but still recieves a signal worth of green
Encryption is Wep 64bt
wireless g
lynksys with speedbooster (wtf that is)
im new to the hole wireless era, just bought the router yesterday

it's generally good practice to keep the console near the access point. The farther away it gets from it the less powerful the signal, even if it is in the green, it is still susceptible to losing connection. Wireless doesn't do too well through walls either. It would also make sense to me if you are receiving that error. I don't really know what the error means (that page I linked is being retarded and won't return my query) but i would guess that the Wii lost connection partially through the transfer.

On a sidenote, I highly recommend using wpa instead of wep. wep is a pretty weak encryption method. But if you're confident that you won't have any wardrivers in your area, don't fret about it.

im gonna change it to wep, i just wasnt sure if it would slow it down or not.
and yea, im in the basement, so tomorrow im going to move it upstairs and see if i can get a connection, it would actually kinda suck if that was the problem, i already have a 50 foot cable running down there for my computer :*(
thanks for the help

if you already have a cat5 running to your basement, you could always invest in a cheap switch and the wii lan adapter as an option.

I heard a news on digg where the Nintendo Wii Servers were overwhelmed by the number of people trying to connect. I guess the Wii was more successful than what Nintendo thought it would be:thumbsup:.

Back