[help] Compare with PS3 and Wii, which should I buy?

amylin0906

WiiChat Member
Jun 14, 2007
Shanghai
Hi I'm Amy from China. I am now considering buy either Nintendo Wii or Sony PS3 --I can only buy one, But I have no idea about which one I should buy.

I love playing video games and have played for a long time starting from my childhood. From Nintendo famicom, to gameboy, Sega, PS, PC games such as starcraft and counter strike.

I heard my friends telling me that both of 2 machines are the latest , but can somebody tell me which one I should buy? And why? :crazy:

Well. It depends on what you like in your games. I love nintendo games. I am not too worried about graphics.

I think you should get a Wii. Then you will have extra money to spend on games. And plus. Your friends who don't usually play games will come over and play Wii with you.

But, if you are going to be mostly playing by yourself you might like PS3. I see you like couterstrike.....well......maybe PS3 is the best choice for you.

The Wii is really good. It's a new way to play games and it very popular

PS3 has great online games and great GFX

Take your pick lol [I only have a Wii so I'll say that]

I'd have to say Wii for the innovative game design and you would have much more money for games and accessories

really depends. the Wii is more of just a game console. one good thing you can do with the Wii is play nes, snes, and n64 games on it. the graphics is not on par with the ps3. the games for Wii are more 1st party supported. mario, zelda, and metroid games will be on Wii.

with the ps3 you have the new blue-ray drive which you can play HD DVDs on it. it will have a hugh collection of games coming this winter. one thing the Wii won't do (right now) is play DVDs. they might come out with a version of Wii that does. with the PS3 you can play all the previous generation consoles games on it - PSone and PS2, which is a huge selection. the graphics are top notch. games like metal gear solid, final fantasy, and gran turismo will be coming to PS3.

i'm not going to tell you which one is better, because that would be an opinion. it's really up to you.

personally, i'm getting both. i have the Wii already. just saving up money for the PS3.

paintba||er said:
Every time someone asks this I tell them not to ask on a Wii forum as you will get very biased answers. I would get a PS3, but most people here will disagree with me.

i would agree. personally, i expect a new console with new never before seen graphics. Wii can probably only provide great graphics that we can already predict.

the only thing Wii has it going for it right now is the controller. and i might add, it's a killer controller that blows the xbox 360 and PS3 out of the water in that department.

but like i said, i'm getting both system. so all good. i get the graphical games i want plus the fun wii games

hey if you don't want to spend alot and love the ps3 GFX just get the Xbox 360, most of the exclusive ps3 titles are now going to the 360. Like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry 4. Also MGS is rumored too.

Core - $299
Premium - $399
Elite - $479

And i had a Wii, was fun for a while but i didn't like the gfx and it just got boring. So i got the 360, ps3 is good but its not making progress.

If it is between a ps3 and wii - Get the Wii, ps3 isn't going to live especially with the price point and the loses of it's exclusive games.

But 360 is for me :D

And, since you asked us for advice, it would be cool if you told us what you end up choosing, and why.

Manny21 said:
hey if you don't want to spend alot and love the ps3 GFX just get the Xbox 360, most of the exclusive ps3 titles are now going to the 360. Like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry 4. Also MGS is rumored too.

Core - $299
Premium - $399
Elite - $479

And i had a Wii, was fun for a while but i didn't like the gfx and it just got boring. So i got the 360, ps3 is good but its not making progress.

If it is between a ps3 and wii - Get the Wii, ps3 isn't going to live especially with the price point and the loses of it's exclusive games.

But 360 is for me :D
That was like, 5 lies.

I have all three but if you arent into games consoles much, i would go Wii. If you like to play consoles a lot, PS3

GamerCon said:
That was like, 5 lies.

I have all three but if you arent into games consoles much, i would go Wii. If you like to play consoles a lot, PS3

First of all gamercon, alot of what he said was true. *the ps3 isnt making progress cough cough* Second, ive been playing game consoles since i was 3 years old, and i enjoy the wii more than the ps3.

i personally think that both consoles are top notch. i prefer the wii personally, but it depends what type of games you are into and what you are looking for in a console.

The ps3 is powerful and is a cheap alternative to a blu-ray player.

The wii isnt very powerful graphics wise, but the control scheme is very fun.

dont listen to gamercon when he said you cant like consoles much in order to buy a wii, cuz thats a lie.

And please let us all know which you pick. We enjoy hearing from the people we are giving information to.

i say wii it has better friend based games and very unique controller and you really get in to it because it is so lifelike based on how you play it

"... love the PS3 GFX just get a 360.." Thats one lie. I dont see Uncharted on 360, Haze looks better then Gears of War.

"... most of the exclusive PS3 titles are now going to 360." Ok, like what?

"Like Final Fantasy and Devil May Cry 4. Also MGS is rumored too." Final Fantasy is not, it will have spinoffs but XIII is PS3 only. Devil May Cry was to be expected, with all the Capcom games on 360. MGS wil not be going to 360, Hideo has a lot of reasons why. Thats 2, 3 lies now.

"...ps3 is good but its not making progress." So all the firm ware updates are just nothing. 4 lies.

"...ps3 isn't going to live especially with the price point and the loses of it's exclusive games." Thanks psychic Joe, but since you dont really know, thats your 5th lie.

Guess im not so full of it.

Youve been playing since you were 3? Ive been playing since i was 1 or so, not really playing but i would try. I like the PS3 more then the Wii. I like the GC more then the Wii.

How many people that dont play games got a Wii? So wouldnt you say the Wii would be more for people that dont really play game consoles? You see how that makes sense.

Back