Help! disk reading ERROR!!!

laine

WiiChat Member
Mar 6, 2011
VA
I have tried all the troubleshoots imaginable. All my disks are made in US my wii is US too!!!! And I am going to lose my freaking mind trying to figure this out. My wii has told me for every game that I have owned (which before worked just fine) and it tells me error every time... then once in a while it just goes to a black screen and tells me to check my owner's manual for trouble shooting. I have done all that I can with out opening or anything invasive to my console.

Any ideas? Cause the only one my boy friend and I came up with was that the laser is busted.

Did you buy your wii brand new ? or is it a second hand one.....

If its second hand, the previous owner may have modded it up and if you have recently updated the wii menu Nintendo may have turned it into a delightful yet expensive paperwieght...... Nintendo's way of saying DO NOT HACK!!!!.........lol

if it was bought brand new, id have to say that something aint right with your laser if its not reading any games?

Im not that great with the inner workings of the Wii. sorry :(

Skidmarx: Well, I don't have black ops right now. So it definitely isn't that.

Last edited:
Matheu00 THANK YOU no I bought it first hand but my boyfriend hacked it and I restored the wii and ever since then I haven't been able to use it... I guess we could mod it again and see if it does work but if not that is fine cause I can just play video games via usb ^_^

****I am not advocating modding or hacking of any sorts***

Last edited:
modding your wii is your call but keep modding threads and posts off this site.....

anything un-legit is frowned upon and will result in locked threads and possible bans....

EDIT:
Apart from that, have fun on the forums :D

No I won't post anything else bout it cause it isn't cool really that is why i restored the wii... sadly it killed the laser... there are other ways to play games on it thankfully such as wii points and downloadables so that would be my choice.

Back