Help for a Wii newbie!

marioyeah!

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Right, well, I'm not exactly a newbie, but I need to know a few things about the Wii, and what to purchase.

Q1) I'm planning on getting another controller for the Wii, so my friend can play. Is it worth getting the Wii Play deal, with the free remote? Is Wii Play worth the extra $10?

Q2) Also, I'm assuming that I'll also need to buy a 2nd Nunchuk with my 2nd remote, but I'm just double checking...do most multiplayer games require 2 nunchuks?

Q3) What is the best charging dock for the Wii remote?

Q4) How much is a 2nd protective jacket for the Wii remote? I'm assuming that it's worth buying.

Q5) Are there any extra Wii accessories that are recommended? I'm not interested in tacky useless accessories like the tennis racket that attaches to the remote or anything.

Q6) With Guitar Hero 3, a guitar comes with the package. How do I obtain a 2nd guitar, without buying another Guitar Hero 3 game?

Q7) This isn't really a question, but what are some recommendable games? I already have Super Mario Galaxy.

1) Wii Play is not the best game, but i did get that deal mostly for the Wiimote. And its $10 extra, thats not too much and Wii Play has about nine minigames which can be quite fun with a mate.

2) Again, i also bought a second Nunchuk my Wiimote and i dont regret it. It doesnt get used very often but if my mates are over we can playing the games which require a second Nunchuk. To answer your question about the Nunchuk there are not many local multiplayer games on the Wii, and the only local one which i can recall on the spot at the moment is boxing in Wii Sports.

3) There isnt a best charging dock since there are many third party ones out there. I would suggest a Nyko charging dock as ive heard that Nyko is a good third party supporter towards the Nintendo Wii.

4) I dont partically see a point in the protective jackets for the Wiimotes, there not much use. But if you must or want to buy one i think there around $10.

5) A charging dock is your best buy at this stage, it will save you the hassel of using batteries.

6) You can purchase a second guitar for around half the price of the bundle package. All you need to do is find a store that sells Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii and see if they sell an extra guitar. I dont think every store does this though.

7) Games i would recommend would be Guitar Hero 3 which seems you are already going to get. Also Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Medal of Honour 2 Heroes, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Metroid Prime 3.

Hope i helped you mate.

Yes, you've been a great help! Thankyou very much, it's very appreciated. The games that I'm planning to buy are:

Super Mario Galaxy
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Super Paper Mario
The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
The Sims 2: Castaway
Battalion Wars 2
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

A good selection?

That seems like a very good selection. Basically those are the top Wii games out at the moment or coming out. But one game which you should get would be Medal of Honour Heroes 2, as it has a massive 32 online multiplayer. So if you can connect your Wii to WiFi, i highly recommend Medal of Honour Heroes 2.

Cheers mate, I might just look into that game! Please post here if there is any other suggestions that you, or other people might want to make!

Back