Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help for disabled user

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by vikkin, Jun 30, 2007.

1. vikkin

vikkin WiiChat Member

My son recently got a Wii and is having trouble making the most of it on games such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Spiderman. He doesn't have full use of his left hand so can't use the nunchuk properly. I have just got him a classic controller hoping we could plug this in and play as his left hand can use this type of controller really well, but I can't get it to work. Is it possible to play these games with a classic controller or is he restricted to games only involving one hand? Grateful for any help.

2. Foxy

Foxy Super Ninjarator
    Staff Member

Wii Friend Code: 3881-9484-9041-5848
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    Well, the classic controller is only used for games in the virtual console although in the future there will be some games coming out that will involve the classic controller, an example of this is super smash bros (The game everyone is looking forward to) But at the moment I think your son is restricted to some games, Sorry about that but in future there will be some games. Maybe you could consider purchasing some gamecube games? they work on the wii and use a normal controller? (GC controller), another option is to buy some virtual console games or just stick to games that only require one hand?

Sorry to hear that but I hope I gave a helping hand:)

3. skidmarx

skidmarx semi-pro thumb jockey

Wii Friend Code: 5556-6677-7123-4567
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    Just look for games that don't require a nunchuck. There are still enough games that you can play with the wiimote alone.

4. uk_louis_1986

uk_louis_1986 WiiChat Member

I am sorry your son has a disability, i would advise that you ditch the nunchuck (no point getting stressed if he cant use it) and look out for games the just use the wiimote, also some games use the classic controller, and lastly you can download games of nintendo vc

good luck!!!:smilewinkgrin:

5. Almo

Almo WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8407-4245-3370-0256
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    just as a note if you look on the back of games before you buy them up the top there are icons which symbolise the types of controller that can be used on the game, if you just keep a look out for games which can use the classic controller or just the wiimote then that night help. Also if you're buying games from a games shop then ask someone instore, im sure theyd be more than happy to help :)
    Edit: the top right corner on the back of the game case should have icons like these
    [​IMG]
    this one shows a Wiimote and a classic controller which means it can be played with the classic controller or the wiimote. Look for games like these if you wish to use the classic controller, most games will have an icon of a wiimote and a nunchuck, these games require the nunchuck to play.

#5 Almo, Jul 5, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  6. Monsteroids

Monsteroids Psychedelic Snail

Wii Friend Code: 6069-9016-3559-6279
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Two great remote only games:

-Sonic the Hedgehog
    -Super Paper Mario

Its 4:00AM so I'm too tired to make a list.

Check out my thread about EA's Family Play

7. anthonybest1

anthonybest1 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3428-8826-2456-3690
    3428-8826-2456-3690
    as ALOM asid just look for games that has a classic controller sign at the back and you should be fine...
    sorry about your son

8. Wozz500

Wozz500 WiiChat Member

In Mortal Kombat Armageddon it gives you the option to use the classic controller instead of the remote and nunchuk. But it depends on how old your son is. As you probably know all MK games can get a bit messy!

9. Warrior

Warrior WiiChat Member

theres plenty of games that dont require a nunchuck, i suggest sticking to them. in the future, there will be games where the classic controller is used OUT of virtual console games.

10. ciper

ciper

Big Brain Academy doesnt use a nunchuck. Its a learning game thats pretty fun so Im sure you would be happy for him to play it.

11. MasterShake529

MasterShake529 CROCO RULEZ

thats a real setback but i know that most shooters use the nunchuk but thats interesting and im not sure that there are too many games that work wthout the nunchuk

12. Skavookie

Skavookie WiiChat Member

I have pretty much the same problem. But I often can't find information on controllers that a game needs online. And I very rarely go to actual physical stores because of my disabilities. By the way, I got the Wii and WiiFit because my physical therapist recommended it. It would be great if there were a list online that ranked games on accessibility.